Forums

Which Shoe Type are You?

•  

We all have preferences. I started wearing FJ full leather shoes in 1976. Since then, I';ve tried them all, EXCEPT the sandals, or "Mandals" because Merle Haggard said they won't be seen (he was correct and Real Men do not wear sandals). Since then, I've tried them all and have settled in ICONS, DryJoy Tours (my personal favorite) and FJ Street for walking rounds. The point is, Footjoy makes the best shoe and for every golfer's taste and budget.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    Justinu3I first had green joys I believe many years ago.  Went to DJT 3 years ago, love the feel and style.  

I have since put Sport and Icons in my rotation.  Next up us trying out Spikeless M:Projects!  You are right Noel, once you find FootJoy, it's easy to love all of FootJoy.  Except the mandals ;-)  

HEY, BE NICE TO THE MANDAL! We sell a lot of them!

Devin, you should be ashamed of your self promoting such fashion!  You should sign this guy up then as your next FJ full line player!

•  

Justinu3
    Devin_GmitterJustinu3I first had green joys I believe many years ago.  Went to DJT 3 years ago, love the feel and style.  

I have since put Sport and Icons in my rotation.  Next up us trying out Spikeless M:Projects!  You are right Noel, once you find FootJoy, it's easy to love all of FootJoy.  Except the mandals ;-)  

HEY, BE NICE TO THE MANDAL! We sell a lot of them!

Devin, you should be ashamed of your self promoting such fashion!  You should sign this guy up then as your next FJ full line player!

I never said wear them with socks!

•  

When I was growing up the coolest shoes ever were FJ classics, worn by all the great players and my idols - Norman, Ballesteros, Langer, Faldo and of course all the American players.

Unfortunately though they were frightfully expensive for a junior/student and pretty rare downunder in those days. But was eventually able get ahold of a pair of all white tumbled and a pair of black tumbled /black patent sheildtips that I wore for many many years and basically until they disintegrated . From there wore FJ lites (and various versions thereof) for years -  until the introduction of the Icon which is now my shoe of choice.

That goes back to early '80s so probably slight understatemet to say I'm a massive fan of FJ and the great products they make.

As for the mandals, still waiting for the spiked version and they are absolutley useless in bunkers and when it rains either with or without socks!!!

•  

FJ Sports for me.  

Deno

• 1135 points

Right now I am a lonely pair of all white Icons. Hopefully, there will be a pair of M Projects in the rotation tomorrow. Also, if all goes well  and my wife takes the hint,I will be the proud owner of a pair of MyJoys in the near future.

• 44 points

When will FJ be coming out with new styles of Icons for 2013?

•  

golfer93, welcome to FJC!

That's a great question.  Why not start a new thread with it... I am most positive you would get more response from the community.  Enjoy your stay!

No'l

•  

Welcome to the Community golfer93!

I love the ICONs. My favorite out of the series so far are the waves.

• 44 points

Thanks everybody! I already have two pairs of ICONs and am looking to add a third. Wanting to see what the new styles are first though so I can decide what to get.

•  

Way to rock the ICONS (in rotation)!!!

• 1130 points

i love my dryjoys. but if the conditions dont look to good then my greenjoys work just as well.

•  

nagz
    i love my dryjoys. but if the conditions dont look to good then my greenjoys work just as well.

Yes!  I know exactly what you mean.  I had GreenJoys and DryJoys alternating once before.  I cared for my DryJoys more and it's lasting me forever!

•  

Noel, you hit the nail on the head - if you keep them clean, they last for years and stay waterproof. Perhaps the best thing about how they are constructed now versus the Classics with leather soles and metal spikes. The sole would wear out long before the visible portion.

• 2828 points

i rotate severalpairs from synergy, to Dry Joy tours but recently picked up a pair of Icons -- found they seem most comfortable.  Now looking at 2 pair of Icons as well.  Found some clearance models and also maybe the contour casual but I still like the traditional look for golf.  I may wait for the new 2013 looks though.