Forums

Something else you have been doing wrong

•  

Look down at your shoes. They are probably incorrectly laced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZDIJILCM-o

•  

Aw, Bruce, you mean I've put this shoe on wrong?

•  

Professor Shoelace is certainly one of a kind.  BOA's will cause him to go on a sabbatical...

•  

Oh ... Professor Shoelace sounds awfully like an Aussie to me and nice to know he has put his free time to good work to teach all how to criss cross laces.

This reminds me of a thread I was going to start quite a while about how everyone laces their FJs and remember looking on google at the time and discovering a truly enormous amount of different ways to lace shoes.

Devin, is there an official FJ recommended method? Wouldn't have thought so but then again you just never know!

•  

CROCMAN
    Oh ... Professor Shoelace sounds awfully like an Aussie to me and nice to know he has put his free time to good work to teach all how to criss cross laces.

This reminds me of a thread I was going to start quite a while about how everyone laces their FJs and remember looking on google at the time and discovering a truly enormous amount of different ways to lace shoes.

Devin, is there an official FJ recommended method? Wouldn't have thought so but then again you just never know!

Standard criss cross - we "show" or "straight" lace shoes for photography but they would be a little hard to tighten if you wanted to wear them like this.

• 2742 points

Can't wait until FJ comes up with velcro closures. I've been tying my golf shoes wrong for 40 years. Maybe that is why  I am a high handicapper.

•  

Learn something new everyday on the FJC Site. Will have to make sure my shoes are tied correctly.....lol

• 5065 points

When in doubt use Duct tape. It comes in almost as many variation as MyJoys.

• 5177 points

I second MarkWDallasTx's duct tape recommendation - Keeps my convertible roof dry as a ***, it has kept ripped boat sails together long enough to think twice about buying a new sail from my friendly sail maker and yes - as a teen golfer when my old FJ Classics sprung a leak in a rainy pre-tourney round, the club house attendant suggested , and I used,  his duct tape to keep the left foot dry and warm!!

And did you see this follow-on video on the proper knotting technique?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgSwvDkJVxE