Forums

Master's Icons or Vokey wedge??

• 5031 points

Need versus want: always a difficult quandry.. I vote for ICONs, the best shoe from the best golf shoe company...and purveyor of this community and blog!! However, I waver...those Vokey wedges are beautiful clubs...eh, flip a coin!

•  

I'd go with Wedges (not just any wedges... VOKEY WEDGES).... But that is just me.  While I love the Masters Icons I just don't have hardly anything that would go with them.

•  

I have plenty of shoes and I keep them in great shape.  Wedges help make the money, so they will be replaced first.

TT

•  

Go with the wedge. You can get some new masters icons next year.

•  

Tar Heel
    I went with the Icons.....

Same here!  Get the ICONs!!!

•  

Justinu3
    I'd go with Wedges (not just any wedges... VOKEY WEDGES).... But that is just me.  While I love the Masters Icons I just don't have hardly anything that would go with them.

Sounds like you need to also invest in a hunter green FJ shirt!  

• 2956 points

I would definitely go with the wedges. I carry Vokey 52, 56 and 60 degrees and can't imagine golf without them. I just upgraded my 52-08 this year. Shoes are cool, but wedges are your game.

•  

Equipment first....Accessories (aka shoes) second then compliment them both with Apparel  !

• 2781 points

I would go with the wedges.  Like others have said the Masters ICONS will be there next year.

•  

pulplvr
    Tim, remember that there will probably be another Master's edition next year.  Those wedges will help your game more than one pair of shoes possibly could.

you're right they will have another pair next year, but i didn't really care for last year's version.  so who knows if i'll like next years.  just adds to the decision!  

• 181 points

Good choice

•  

Id get Icons!!!!

•  

19hole
    Get them both,  I know someone that will give you a good deal!

Throw in a couple of sessions.  (WOW!)  That would seal it.

•  

If you game is suffering -  go with the wedge (make sure to check the lofts on your current PW and SW) -  looks like to me that you should have at least 3 more weeks of the Master's Print (382 available as of this morning) being available (remember there's three new colors available in the tortoise print also).

Go Hokies

•  

in all honesty, i can probably get by with my current wedges.  i'm a decent at chipping and pitching, and honestly, i'm not sure it's the equipment holding me back.  but then again, i've never used nice new wedges, so who knows what i'm missing.