Forums

M Project versus XPS-1 Versus iCONs versus Dry Joys, etc..

• 5336 points

Love to Joe! While I work during the week in Stamford, CT, my home is in Falmouth (village of Waquoit) on the Cape.Tell me how to arrange a visit!! Are you over in Acushnet? Fall River?

• 5336 points

tdogg21
    19holePistol, take Joe up on this offer...you will love it!

i agree.  take him up on that.  you won't regret it!  i live 6 hours away and it's a good enough offer, i would consider driving that far to do it.

19hole and tdogg I just replied in the affirmative to Joe Izzo! I quite agree, this is a very cool opportunity and way too close by the home in Massachusetts to not take up Joe on this offer. More to follow as I "pursue the shoes" of FootJoy...

• 335 points

Pistol I will PM you But the Shoe team is Located in Brockton.....

•  

Don't let this offer expire.  Joe is terrific to work with and you will have a great time really seeing and feeling the differences between the shoes.

•  

Don't let this offer expire.  Joe is terrific to work with and you will have a great time really seeing and feeling the differences between the shoes.

•  

Oh, would that I had the opportunity to enter the FJ Shoe box and try all the different shoes while hitting balls!  I'd even come all the way from Houston for that opportunity.  

As for the original discussion, I've worn primarily DryJoys for years.  Now I have three different styles of Icons, two DryJoys Tours, and a FJ Sport (two cleat version), in addition to my three old DryJoys.  Truthfully, I find it exceptionally difficult to discern a noticeable difference in my game based on the shoe I am wearing.  I do notice that in FJ Sports and the older DryJoys, I have a tendency to pick up my left foot--something I'm told I do not do most of the time or when wearing other shoes.  Perhaps it is the two cleat heel versus the four cleat heel.  As far as stability, all of them seem the same to me.  I just wear them on different occasions, e.g., for today's round (light frost delay, with temps rising into the low 60s), I wore an old pair of DryJoys and felt fine all day.  Next round, it's DJTours.  Holding the Icons for later next week after the courses have really dried out.

•  

Great question PP - and some great points made by 19hole. To me, the spikeless shoes work fine in dry conditions, but give me all the traction you can muster in any kind of moisture. My personal favorite are the the DryJoy Tour, Icon and XPS-1 with the more traditional rounded toe as the more "boxed" toe seems to restrict a smooth drive of my right foot on my downswing. Just the same, I want to buy a pair of MProject shoes and try out.

•  

i think i will stick to my FJ sports then ill go to the xps-1 then icons then the m project

• 3 points

I bought a pair of XPS-1 BOAs at the end of last season.  Uber comfortable right out of the box.  Love the BOA lacing system.  Ultra stable.  Keepers for me.  Unfortunately, the BOA model is now discontinued but still available so I may have to score another pair before they're gone.

• 335 points

the offer stands to all!!!!!

•  

Must have missed you.