Forums

Golf Shoe Spikes

•  

There are enough comments on here that justifies Stingers' good performance, but please allow for another one.  I've been using Stingers for many years, about 9 years, I think.  'Couldn't be happier.  The product works well and has a long life with proper use on a golf shoes to be worn on a golf course, may it be for walking or riding on golf carts while playing golf.

The times that it may have been worn right out of a car from a parking lot and many other walks on surfaces other than turf, could decrease or hurt the life and performance of most soft spikes.

Asphalt or concrete walkways including parking lots are rough and abrasive to spikes.  Try to pick up your feet when walking on those surface during, but hopefully a brief moment on it.

Also, if you do find that you are indeed spending time more time than you should walking in your spiked shoes on hard abrasive surfaces, see if you could be on spikeless shoes just until you need to tee off or at least  until you'll be spending mobil time on grass or the golf course.

Hoping some of this finds you some answers.  Let us know if there's any other advice we could help you with.

Good luck.

•  

Something sounds wrong here 808 as the Champ spikes should last longer than a few wears. I too rotate my shoes but a couple of favorites get a regular workout and I usually change these each year or so.

• 781 points

Thank you for all your suggestions.

• 111 points

First problem is you're a Yankee's fan.  Be that as it may, I will make a suggestion.  I switched to the Black Widow Tour.  Great spike, long lasting and exceptional traction.  Or if you can, go back to the steel cer-mec spike.  Not many courses allow, but you can't beat the traction no matter what others may say.  Just don't "drag" your shoes on the greens : )

• 781 points

Ratty Poopdeck

First problem is you're a Yankee's fan.  Be that as it may, I will make a suggestion.  I switched to the Black Widow Tour.  Great spike, long lasting and exceptional traction.  Or if you can, go back to the steel cer-mec spike.  Not many courses allow, but you can't beat the traction no matter what others may say.  Just don't "drag" your shoes on the greens : )

Thank you for the great advice...I'll def try it out.  :)

•  

Also consider where you are walking when playing. Are you walking on the cart path or in the parking lot a great deal? Are you wearing the same shoe to practice in and play? I use the Stingers and I find that I will notice the wear on them when I am cleaning my shoes first before I notice any loss of grip when I am playing.

• 609 points

I like the Pulsars by Soft Spike.  They are very soft and actually give me a better grip on wet grass than do the Stingers from Champ.  For some reason they give me better wear than the Stingers too though that seems counter-intuitive.

•  

That may be a good idea Don - asphalt is a tough surface on plastic spikes, though. There may not be a good solution other than getting a remote control pull cart.