Forums

My new pair of XPS-1s

• 323 points

So I just got a pair of XPS-1s and am wondering if there is a break-in period. I have walked 18 holes (carrying clubs) 2 days in a row. Probably not the best decision with new shoes, but I can tell you my feet have never hurt so much from new shoes. These just crunch my toes when the shoe bends while I am walking. These are 10.5s and I am 10.5s in every other shoe (golf or not) that I have owned. I tried them on in the pro shop and you can never tell how they will perform after playing a few holes. Any recommendations/will it get better?

•  

Sooner...

Have you had your foot properly measured? Just because you wear 10.5 in "every other shoe, golf or not" does not mean those are the right size and width for you. If these shoes crunch your toes you do not have the right size/width.

I wear FJ Icons, and like many here I have taken them from the box and walked 36 holes with nary a single blister. Ever. So I know my sizes are spot on. And there is no break in period for a properly sized pair of FJ's. Get to a FJ shop and have your foot measured properly and get the right sized shoe and your problem will be solved.

•  

Hey Soonerball welcome to the FJC.

It certainly doesn't sound like you have the right size.

Can't really talk about the XPS-1s but I've never had an issue with my FJ Icons.

Sorry you've had a bad experience so far and hope you get it sorted. Let us know how you get on.

• 323 points

So it turns out I am really a 10.0 and a AA width-meaning I should be in a narrow. Should have thought about this before. Is there anything I could do with these shoes as I have used them and bought them online off ebay..?

• 323 points

Nevermind in regards to my last post-I am a normal width. Still, Footjoy wouldn't replace them would they?

•  

Give Customer Service a call and ask what they can do for you. Check this out, it may apply to your situation... www.footjoy.com/.../warranty.asp

•  

I have three pair of XPS-1's BOA and they feel great right out of the box with no needed break in period...IMHO.  I would evaluate the size of the shoes, socks you wore and potentially even would the BOA's fit your foot better.  Since my foot is more narrow I find that the BOA system helps the shoe to conform to my foot better with less blisters etc...plus A LOT more stability!!  Just my two cents...

Good Luck!

Chris

•  

Very surprised at what you had to say about your problems...I have 3 pair XPS and had no problems...wore them right out of the box for 18 and didn't have any issues....

Hope customer service helps....

•  

Very surprised at what you had to say about your problems...I have 3 pair XPS and had no problems...wore them right out of the box for 18 and didn't have any issues....

•  

•  

Maybe try and put them back on EBay.  As the others mentioned very important to get appropriately sized.  My XPS are my favorite shoes.  Best of luck getting them sold