Forums

XPS-1 after a year split across sole

• 11 points

Ok not having much luck with the latest and greatest XPS-1. First pair started coming away from sole at point shoe should flex across toes. Now after less than a year with replacement set (1 year since original purchase) the sole has snapped across the underside between toe and heels.

Comments on what to do welcome, will contact in dealer in the morning, but think policy is on first purchased shoe, not replacement.

There goes my game tommorow.

•  

Hello JWH,

Where are you located and have you tried contacting FJ Customer service?

Best,

DG

•  

jwh-- I am in the US and I have some experience with FootJoy and replacement shoes.  I purchased a pair of FJ Sports that had a defect in the leather on the front of the shoe.  FJ replaced them.  The new pair developed the same type of problem, but in a different location.  FJ replaced that pair, as well.  If you are in the US, and you deal directly with FJ Customer Service, I'm sure they'll take care of you, as long as there is not some reason you caused the damage.  Devin is on top of this, as always, and has given you the best advice.  Call FJ Customer Service, not the store/dealer you bought them through.

•  

i think that you are wearing a size too big

• 11 points

Thanks Guy.... maybe it is me that it to big for the technology.  Was just disappointed that the shoes broke so easily...maybe the higher the tech spec the quicker they go.  I'd love to know how long  a pro wears them for.

I've got in contact with FJ Customer service in the UK and in the process of determining if doing the leg work (2 * 60 mile round trips) before xmas will get me a pair to wear or I've got to buy a new set and see if some compensation is given on the old set.

I had FJ Sports before and they lasted me over 3 years and I'd only just put them out to recycle....

Oh well off to look at the new shoes...not sure it will be FJ at this point

•  

We do not have nearly enough information about the problem to try to determine "why" the shoe has failed. The two inportant things here are; 1) FootJoy is a very customer focused company and they will make this right  and 2) FootJoy will examine theses shoes very carefully to determine the actual cause of the failure. This infomation will be used to halp determine what if anything needs to be changed in the design or manufacturing of the shoes.

•  

jwh
    Thanks Guy.... maybe it is me that it to big for the technology.  Was just disappointed that the shoes broke so easily...maybe the higher the tech spec the quicker they go.  I'd love to know how long  a pro wears them for.

I've got in contact with FJ Customer service in the UK and in the process of determining if doing the leg work (2 * 60 mile round trips) before xmas will get me a pair to wear or I've got to buy a new set and see if some compensation is given on the old set.

I had FJ Sports before and they lasted me over 3 years and I'd only just put them out to recycle....

Oh well off to look at the new shoes...not sure it will be FJ at this point

so you had one type of shoe that last you 3 years and you apparently liked, and then you get another pair that causes you problems and you're ready to jump to another company?  give customer service a chance.  as you can see from some other's stories, FJ will take care of you.  you might need to be patient, this isn't an instant thing.  but it will be worth to you in the long run.

•  

19th, you are always on your game.  Do you provide teaching lessons too?  I would love to meet up with you and gain some advice.  Not something I have ever done, but after following you on the community you say all the right things and again, are on top of your game with the advice provided.

-Brian

•  

BostonBuzza
    19th, you are always on your game.  Do you provide teaching lessons too?  I would love to meet up with you and gain some advice.  Not something I have ever done, but after following you on the community you say all the right things and again, are on top of your game with the advice provided.

-Brian

Brian

Rick is an absolute gem on many fronts, Porsche aside! Seriously, he can and will be of service to you as a PGA Professional. Secondly, he is very wise and has had many years of involvement with the Acushnet family of brands. So he is beyond reproach as a mentor, teacher, and for me, friend.

@jwh, FJ will help you out and make sure you are satisfied. Stay the course and you will get resolution.

•  

Gee thanks guys.... i doon't know what to say.

Brian, anytime...anytime.

• 5375 points

JWH,

I too have had some experience with FJ customer service and all I can say is that they are, without a doubt, one of the best companies with regard to understanding that without satisfied customers, they do not have a competitive, sustainable business model. In my case, a pair of Dry Joys delaminated (sole and toe area on right shoe came apart) after a year of wear - I boxed them up, typed out a note, and sent it off to customer service asking what could be done. The company replaced the shoes without question and had replacement shoes in my possession within 48 hours!

These folks understand that your experience is the life line of their business - Unfortunately, I have had disappointing customer service experiences with other companies with the result being they no longer count me as a customer.  

Give the customer service team a chance and I am sure they will make you smile!

• 11 points

Just to say your advice came good, FJ customer service came good. I have a new replacement pair of shoes.

Still would be interested in why they snapped and if it was common in original version (minor alterations to the set I now have, I think)

Note I did not lose the faith, actually bought a pair of contour casual as a standby/summer pair...

Thanks All

John

•  

jwh
    Just to say your advice came good, FJ customer service came good. I have a new replacement pair of shoes.

Still would be interested in why they snapped and if it was common in original version (minor alterations to the set I now have, I think)

Note I did not lose the faith, actually bought a pair of contour casual as a standby/summer pair...

Thanks All

John

Glad we could take care of you!

• 3 points

Hi all, first time posting.

I have a similar problem,my pair of XPS-1 shoe has a split sole also. My shoes are only coming up for 6 months old.

I have e-mailed customer service and i am awaiting a response. Reading this thread has filled me with confidence that Footjoy will help me out.

• 6 points

Same here, first posting and same problem.  I bought my XPS-1 shoes just over a year ago. Played in the rain last Sunday and my feet got soaking wet. Checked my shoes and discovered that the soles of BOTH shoes split from left to right accross the sole. When I bought the shoes I was assured that they would be waterproof for at least two years..... There clearly is a problem with the soles of the XPS-1.

Waiting for customer service to respond.