Forums

2013 New Shoe Rule....

• 3290 points

Wow, those are different. I'm amazed that they are a "stocked" item.  Pretty cool but they need to right person for sure.

•  

pulplvr
    Don, do those Icons fit the same as your other Icons?  Or are they a bit narrower through the instep and toe?  Like the color, but am having trouble convincing myself that 9M will fit me in that shoe and TGW, GL, and GG don't seem to have it in 9W.

Ted, they are slightly narrower through the instep. Overall, they feel like they fit the same. But the thing I notice is there is a little more gap in the lace area, maybe 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch. I don't know if this normal for all the Pyramid Saddles or not as this is the first pair of these I've even tried on. Hope this helps, good luck.

Anyone else have any experience with Pyramid Saddles vs. other Icon styles?

•  

bholley

Close out purchase. Should look rather "ducky" with a crisply pressed pair of BMT slacks. BMT = British Military Tan. Not to be confused with the Subway BMT which should stand for "*** Movement Tonight".

Stock photo so don't complain to me about "no shoe trees".

Good choice Bruce, I think those are the same as mine. And as I remember, you really liked mine and thought at first they were MyJoys. It will be interesting to see if the highlights are really as light colored as the stock photo shows. Wear them well with the BMT trousers. :-)

• 3290 points

@golferdrmjr, now those are sharp, or is that "ducky". Definitely seem a lot darker than the stock photo above (without the shoe trees). Almost like cordovan.

•  

BH, those are stellar, hope the new line has some earth tones to match!

•  

Thanks Todd, I think actually Don's are the newer version and are slightly darker

•  

bholley

Thanks Todd, I think actually Don's are the newer version and are slightly darker

Either way, they're sharp looking shoes B!

•  

golferdrmjr
    pulplvrDon, do those Icons fit the same as your other Icons?  Or are they a bit narrower through the instep and toe?  Like the color, but am having trouble convincing myself that 9M will fit me in that shoe and TGW, GL, and GG don't seem to have it in 9W.Ted, they are slightly narrower through the instep. Overall, they feel like they fit the same. But the thing I notice is there is a little more gap in the lace area, maybe 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch. I don't know if this normal for all the Pyramid Saddles or not as this is the first pair of these I've even tried on. Hope this helps, good luck.

Anyone else have any experience with Pyramid Saddles vs. other Icon styles?

I have found slight variations in all my Icon models.

Guessing it has something to do with the newness (is that a word?) and patterns/stitching together of the different leathers.

All seem to settle in after a few wears though as the leather stretches out but some certailnly mould to my foot much better than others ... but having said that ... it's not anything that stops me from wearing one pair over another.

•  

Nice shoe Bruce,

Saw them on ebay and they caught my attention, but I don't wear enough tan / brown and they were unfortunately not available in my size.

•  

I thought khaki was the Aussie National Color

•  

golferdrmjr
    Well, I could not resist getting a pair of blue FJ Icons. I needed some with blue and now I have some Pyramid Saddles. The best part is I really like the way they fit. Got a good deal at TGW as well.

Styling as usual, Don !

•  

TNT009
    Sometimes you gotta put your selfish FJ needs aside......

And hook up the woman!

Luv them, Todd. Hope your wife does too....You are a selfless man !

•  

golferdrmjr
    bholley

Close out purchase. Should look rather "ducky" with a crisply pressed pair of BMT slacks. BMT = British Military Tan. Not to be confused with the Subway BMT which should stand for "*** Movement Tonight".

Stock photo so don't complain to me about "no shoe trees".

Good choice Bruce, I think those are the same as mine. And as I remember, you really liked mine and thought at first they were MyJoys. It will be interesting to see if the highlights are really as light colored as the stock photo shows. Wear them well with the BMT trousers. :-)

Brown is the transcending color....Enjoy them !

•  

bholley
    I thought khaki was the Aussie National Color

Not sure where you got that impression ... would khaki be anyones national colour?

•  

I going to eat a BMT whilst wearing my BMT's......

Oh yes, nice shoes Bruce.