Forums

2013 New Shoe Rule....

• 640 points

Looking sharp Tar Heel.  Digging the gray wave.

•  

Sharp look, Randy. Those shoes will look good with a lot of different color combos.

•  

Have looked at those Randy, but not pulled the trigger just yet. Waiting on a good deal for some black xps-1's.

•  

Pulpmaster.... I got them on eBay from a place in North Carolina that sells a TON of overstocks. Mr. Swain and I are "frequent shoppers" there and have padded our Icons stats from there.

I got them for a price "too low to advertise" so I am thrilled to have them. The initials frankly, mean nothing. But the color will look awesome with the new pair of IJP White Watch Tartan trousers I picked up. Smokin!

•  

i have also bought from that NC place and i can also recommend them.  i picked up a pair of light pink waves to celebrate my daughter being born last year.  i'll have to snap some pics and get them up here.

•  

pulplvr
    Randy, that's the old style wave, yet you seem to have been able to get them monogrammed.  How did you manage that?  I really like my waves with the bronze patent wave on the white base.  They are holding up well and wear wonderfully.  I find them just a bit tight, though, and have to wear lighter socks with them.

i've been looking at those same shoes for probably a year.  some great prices on them right now since they are closeouts, but i just don't wear white shoes enough to justify having multiple pairs of white.

•  

Todd, I exclusively wore black shoes until I was "tainted" by FJ and Hokies. All of a sudden I got a bunch of white, pink, and navy too. What has happened to me!!!!!!

•  

Guys, I find the white shoes are far better with shorts which we here in southeastern Texas wear for over 9 months a year.  I have the brown, black, and my MyJoys maroon with black shield tips for wear with slacks, and occasionally with shorts just to mix it up.  For my purposes, I cannot have too many whites.

•  

pulplvr
    Guys, I find the white shoes are far better with shorts which we here in southeastern Texas wear for over 9 months a year.  I have the brown, black, and my MyJoys maroon with black shield tips for wear with slacks, and occasionally with shorts just to mix it up.  For my purposes, I cannot have too many whites.

I'm with 'ya pulp!  The majority of my Icons (I now have 9 pair) are white base because these go with shorts easier than the solid colors.  And like you, I also have several pairs that are perfect for wearing with slacks.

•  

i grew up during a time when it was "cool" to wear black sneakers.  unfortunately for me, my mom didn't agree with this fashion statement.  so i always had white basketball shoes.  now that i'm older, i tend to go more towards darker shoes.  i still have white and white based shoes, but i generally move towards a darker shoe.  but that's just me and might have more to do with my generation than anything else.

•  

19hole
    I have a pair of these blue and white asyms and LOVE them!

I saw those in person when we played in Orlando! They are fabulous.

• 3506 points

AND

Sorry I don't have live shots. I am at work but these bad boys were waiting for me after a recent business trip!

•  

I am very happy to add the M-Projects to my list.  I have another pair of white w blue spikeless on the way.

•  

dzabkar
    AND

Sorry I don't have live shots. I am at work but these bad boys were waiting for me after a recent business trip!

NIce choices, dzab.  I think those professional shoes will be just great for a variety of occasions.  Like the blue stingray waves, as well.

•  

dzabkar
    AND

Well done DJ! I have the Charcoal and Black pair with spikes and and they are almost the go to pair for black or gray pants. Really a sharp look, enjoy!