I feel bad that Jerry Kelly lost his card...

I feel bad that Jerry Kelly lost his card...

•  

Until I found he was using a career earning exemption to play next year . $23 million with only 3 wins. Wow

great guy, hope he plays better next year :)

• 2653 points

i wish him well next year as well, he is from Madison WI as am I.  He as well as Steve S. whom I hope can win a major next year to join two others - Andy North and Sherri Steinhauer.  

•  

Probably after taxes, paying teachers, psych, trainer, agent, etc.,expenses, and toys probably only has 6-7 million left.  Seems like he is a good guy and has had a good career. Wish him the best in the future.

•  

He has been hurt if I am not mistaken. Good player and has fun, nothing wrong with that.

•  

I like the guy and he is a good player. I was just shocked at how much money a career journeyman can make on tour.

•  

RANDYWILDMAN
    I like the guy and he is a good player. I was just shocked at how much money a career journeyman can make on tour.

Pretty sure Aussie Stuart Appleby is in the same situation. Has been in a slump the last few years but has managed to scrape by but finished outside the top 150 this year and the talk is he will take up his one time option of exemption in 2013 due to career prizemoney ...  a lazy $25+ million

OZ-Crocman

•  

oh I think Appleby is a real player. when he brings his A game he could win a major. I never looked at Appleby as Lazy and i felt for him after his wife passed. Kelly is a true journeyman I don't think he ever contended for a major though.

•  

Hopefully one of his exemptions will get him back on the right track.  He seems like a great guy during any interview I have watched.