Beljan battles through

Beljan battles through

• 311 points

Charlie Beljan fought shortness of breath and heart palpitations to shoot 64 and lead CMNH. He was taken to a local hospital. Thoughts?

•  

pretty impressive, maybe not the smartest thing to do.

•  

Gutty performance.  Up there with Venturi's final round at the Open at Congressional years ago and Tiger's playing the Open on a broken leg.  Have to see if this young journeyman can hang on to grab the win.

•  

That was about as stupid a thing as I have ever seen.  Should have been in the hospital.  

• 641 points

I'm no cardiologist, but I've seen people go through what he went through.  Sounds like anxiety issues.  If that's the case, and he requires meds, would he still be able to play professionally?  Aren't most anxiety meds banned as "PEDS?"

•  

Congratulations to Charlie Beljean for winning the CMNH today.  He toughed it out.  Kept playing solid golf and held on for the win.  Yet another rookie winner--and one who now will hold his card for next year, plus.

• 437 points

Good win for someone who seems like a great guy

•  

nice win and looks like he was wearing some icons ?

•  

yes i think you are right Randy and he played really well last week

• 2756 points

Great to see him make it through the weekend.  Even better to see him earn his card for next year with the win.  He was outside the top 125 before cashing in on the $800K first place check.

•  

I am most of all glad to see he doesn't have any health issues.  It was certainly a bit odd to watch on TV.  I am glad he pulled though and won.  Playing as well as he did under those physical conditions was very impressive, but a bit risky.  At his press conference, he appeared to be a very nice guy.  I had never heard of him prior to the Disney Tourny.

• 2781 points

I was psyched to see him come out on top at the end considering all that he went through with his health.

• 2781 points

I was psyched to see him come out on top at the end considering all that he went through with his health.

• 311 points

I agree, but don't you think that the doctor would have said something if it really was a serious issue?

• 311 points

same, sounds like a really good guy and not to win would have been harsh