First hole birdie

First hole birdie

•  

I had the good fortune to play Haystack in the mountains of Vermont this morning.  It was one of those Baggar Vance mornings where everything is just crisp and perfect.  I was the first guy out, by myself, and managed to birdie the first hole.  It was just about as good as making fresh powder turns in the snow.

•  

I'm not sure why I posted this in "Tour"- I just wheeled.

•  

Nice putt, but what happened the rest of the day????

•  

joshgiano

Yes you did.

•  

NCBob
    Nice putt, but what happened the rest of the day????

It was a fun day.  I had 3 birdies, a handful of pars, a couple of bogies, and two doubles.  Most of all it was an awesome weather day.  I hit the ball well, but didn't score all that well.  I'd never played the course before, and I aimed at some places I shouldn't have.

•  

Looks like fun and you sound happy about it. Nice

•  

joshgiano

I have seen that roll from you before! Great putt!

•  

Terrific putt to start the day, Josh.  Do others, like me, find that when you birdie the first hole, the rest of the day pales by comparison and is often far worse than you feel like you played?

•  

Nice putt Josh!  Sounds like it was a fun day.  Nothing like making that 1-putt on number 1 (unless that 1-putt is for a double like I tend to do).

• 3545 points

Great putt...nothing like being the first out on a crisp fall morning. Adding a birdie on the first hole makes it even better!

•  

Love the feeling of a first hole birdie.  It's hard to play a new course with no idea of where to hit it.

Feel free to send me that Napa at any time.

TT

• 5238 points

Photo says it all  - nice putt! I grew up near Haystack and all of the other ski hills in southern VT. I lived in Gill, MA on the banks of the CT River at a prep school where my Dad worked named Northfield Mount Hermon School. Mt. Snow, the now defunct Maple Valley, Haystack (now a part of MT. Snow, I think) and Corinthia were ski area we'd trek to  - about a 45 minute or hour drive - Lift tickets in the late 60's cost less than the typical lunch these days - Less than $10 bucks! And no golf courses were part of the real estate development plans around the mountains because there were no real estate development plans!

Truly a lovely part of the world and worth a visit in any season...Thanks for sharing Josh!

•  

Love rolling in the first putt of the day for bird. I love playing new courses but unfortunatly unless you are playing with someone who has played you are going to hit it into some interesting spots you shouldnt. Did they clean the greens later in the round? lot of water on them haha

•  

Excellent way to start your round.

I enjoy those quality starts as it tends to motivate toward an outstanding conclusion.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

joshgiano

Nice track in that picture, Josh!  Great opening!