Tiger & Padraig being timed?

Tiger & Padraig being timed?

• 1033 points

It shouldn't make any difference which group it is or what the scores are for the players in the group...these are professionals who have been playing their entire lives-- they should have an internal clock that let's them know they are taking too long.  Every group should be held to the same standard, whether they are first out or the last.

• 1033 points

All players should have to abide by the same rule...whether they go out first or go out last!

•  

Thanks Wavecap, it's good to see that I am not alone.

•  

bobble7

it is the first time i have ever seen slugger white say tiger was not right....tiger said on 17th tee that they were 5 minutes behind and slugger ansswered that he was wrong and they were over 14 minutes behind at that point....i am surprised the media didnt make more of this.

It is Tiger.  That is why the media didn't make anything of it.  It is about time someone starts standing up to these pros.  I have nothing against Tiger, I love watching him play, but the guys on the PGA tour have a way of intimidating the rules officials at times for some favorable calls.

Tim

•  

I wouldn't say because they are the last group the pace of play rule should be waived but the idea behind the rule did not apply in this case...

Also, why would you enforce a rule that is not regularly enforced on the final day of a tournament?  There have been times during play where the middle group is a full hole behind (JB Holmes comes to mind) and they never put them on the clock...

In my opinion, poor judgement but what's done is done and I guess you need to adapt.