best regular tournament ending since...???

best regular tournament ending since...???

•  

With Westwood and Tiger charging and Rory going for #1, was this the best final round of a non-major, non-WGC event in a while?  if so, how long?

• 3506 points

Personally, anything inviolving Kyle Stanley in 2012 in my opinion! Those were some entertaining finishes (with all due respect to current FedEx #1). Although, I was gripped to my TV all day Sunday and for great reason.

•  

dzabkar

Personally, anything inviolving Kyle Stanley in 2012 in my opinion! Those were some entertaining finishes (with all due respect to current FedEx #1). Although, I was gripped to my TV all day Sunday and for great reason.

Those two finishes with Stanley were exciting!  Sunday was exciting too.  I have to say so far it has been an awesome year for the PGA.  I hope they keep it coming and the FJ team continues to rise to the top of the leaderboard. 

•  

I really like the excitement generated by Woods, you could see the electricity running through the course.  Rory sure could sense it, he played tough in the stretch.

•  
    I think rory will keep his number one ranking for a long time
  •  

NCBob

I really like the excitement generated by Woods, you could see the electricity running through the course.  Rory sure could sense it, he played tough in the stretch.

i agree.  it was nice to see people charging and Rory keeping his cool.  but it make it just a little bit more exciting when one of those players was Tiger.

•  

tdogg21

NCBob

i agree.  it was nice to see people charging and Rory keeping his cool.  but it make it just a little bit more exciting when one of those players was Tiger.

Tiger - Phil - Doral 2005 (Phil had chance to tie on last hole from 20 feet above the hole. He hit the hole and lipped out.) And any of the 2012 season thus far. These are knee jerkers every weekend.

• 3506 points

thomas alston iii

tdogg21

NCBob

Tiger - Phil - Doral 2005 (Phil had chance to tie on last hole from 20 feet above the hole. He hit the hole and lipped out.) And any of the 2012 season thus far. These are knee jerkers every weekend.

Thinking the 2010 Doral could be an amazing Sunday, too!

•  

thomas alston iii

tdogg21

NCBob

hmm...i don't remember Doral.

2012 has been a good year.  but i think this finish tops them all just because of the star power that was involved Sunday.  3 of the biggest names in golf were all involved.

• 3070 points

I would like to nominate the John Deere last year when Stricks made that great shot out of the fairway bunker on 18 and sunk the putt from the fringe to beat Kyle Stanley by 1 shot - I know the quality of the field was as good but the way he won it was fantastic IMHO.

• 3506 points

tee2green

I would like to nominate the John Deere last year when Stricks made that great shot out of the fairway bunker on 18 and sunk the putt from the fringe to beat Kyle Stanley by 1 shot - I know the quality of the field was as good but the way he won it was fantastic IMHO.

Seems as if Mr. Stanley has a knack for the heroics...or drama at the least!

•  

Dallin

dzabkar

Those two finishes with Stanley were exciting!  Sunday was exciting too.  I have to say so far it has been an awesome year for the PGA.  I hope they keep it coming and the FJ team continues to rise to the top of the leaderboard. 

Full agree, I remember that no one believes that Kyle with -7 advantage can loose a tournment.

•  

What no one remember Riviera a few weeks ago... Phil drains a bird and then Bradley dumps one on him and off to playoff with Haas using course management to win!!

•  

TNT009

What no one remember Riviera a few weeks ago... Phil drains a bird and then Bradley dumps one on him and off to playoff with Haas using course management to win!!

i don't disagree that one was great.  that event had a great finish, but the Honda had a more star power.  sorry, but tiger, westwood, and rory beats phil, bradley, and haas.

•  

TNT009

I We have been saying that every week is dramatic for this PGA Tour season...

We hear you and totally agree.

-ICONs for ALL