Justin Leonard dumps the swoosh

Justin Leonard dumps the swoosh

•  

Justin Leonard announced today that he'll be sporting Ashworth this year, cutting his ties with the swoosh clothing. The announcement didn't elaborate on shoes or clubs. Wonder if he'll be back in the FJ fold for shoes, or if he'll go the Ashworth shoe/TaylorMade club route.

• 3506 points

Saw he had Taylor Made hat last week. Still on the Dark Side in my book but good for him...I guess?

Will always enjoy him for 1999 at the Country Club in Brookline... memories...

•  

Either way, good for him - I'm not a big fan of the swoosh for golf apparel.

•  

Very interesting...I'm interested to see how all of this plays out with who he'll wear shoe-wise.

•  

Interesting decision. Also, Ashworth is connected with TaylorMade, or were you drawing a conclusion based on something else?

•  
    Ashworth, Adidas and TaylorMade are all under the same ownership
  •  

Ashworth also signed Rory Sabbatini and Johnson Wagner. Wagner wore it in his win -- guess I just didn't notice. I can't remember what Sabbo's been wearing, but he did start wearing that ridiculous TaylorMade hat last year -- remember the one with the zebra print on the underside of the brim? No bueno. 

•  

If you're not sporting FootJoy, it doesn't really matter now does it?

And really, if you wear a Zebra print hat, you really aren't worthy to sport the elegance of a FJ.

Just sayin'.....

• 437 points

Leonard joined Dustin as the two TM staffers sporting the flat brimmed ball cap. Not sure how I feel about this.

• 3506 points

golfchick

How do you think that will play out with the Adidas v Ashworth golf apparel? Do you think they'll focus one more on the casual golfer and one more towards a specific market?

•  

dzabkar

golfchick

How do you think that will play out with the Adidas v Ashworth golf apparel? Do you think they'll focus one more on the casual golfer and one more towards a specific market?

Their direction in the past has been that Ashworth has a crossover appeal to both the traditional golfer plus the ones who consider themselves laid back, like Freddy. Adidas has always aimed at the younger, more performance-oriented golfer, and focuses a lot on athletic fits. I am guessing they'll continue on those roads.

•  

That's right Golfchick. I bet he will dress like Sergio Garcia - Shoes/Belt/Pants Adidas; Shirt Ashworth; Hat/Clubs/Bag Taylormade. Really in the dark side as someone said.

•  
    I think that it is a good thing that he went from Nike to Taylormade and ashworth because he went to a better brand
  •  

Tar Heel

And really, if you wear a Zebra print hat, you really aren't worthy to sport the elegance of a FJ.

Just sayin'.....

What happens if there is a Zebra print on the MyJoys site? It could happen. :-)  It would look good on an Asymmetrical.

•  

golferdrmjr

Tar Heel

Just sayin'.....

What happens if there is a Zebra print on the MyJoys site? It could happen. :-)  It would look good on an Asymmetrical.

Very interesting...I can somewhat picture a zebra print on some Asyms, but sure I could pull that off though!