Second Fiddle in Cromwell

Second Fiddle in Cromwell

• 1553 points

No one wants to play second fiddle to the U.S. Open but we off the Cromwell, Conn for an actually delightful tournament in the Travelers Championship.  The field is pretty strong with some great players ready to try to turn and burn their way up the money list and FedEx Cup standings.  Most fans I think try to calm down from the excitement but the TPC at River Highlands is a great track and will give the viewer a lot of exciting moments.  Just as a side note, but one I will be watching, is the progression of amateur and soon to be sophomore at UCLA Patrick Cantlay.  This is two weeks in a row in PGA events and after being low amateur at the U.S. Open how will he be able to rebound into week two.  Hope everyone can enjoy at least a bit of the Travelers Championship!

•  

originally from bloomfield so i am always interested in the travelers. hope you get a chance to attend scott.

•  

This is interesting. I'll be looking out for that UCLA player too if I get to see any of the Travelers. I have never watched anything from this course before, so it will be interesting to see those exciting moments you are talking about.

•  

Scott - Ray Allen of the Celtics lives in one of the townhouses on the course.  Word had it that he thought the unit was too small, so he bought the one out next to his.  He then knocked a lot of the common walls down and created 1 really large unit.  Do they call that the rub of the green???

• 1553 points

Awesome story!  I did not that but when you have that kind of money all is possible.  I know someone that lives in that area and houses not even on the course go for seven figures.  Maybe when I am a NBA player... oh wait I am forty and need to stick to my golf league.  I guess I still have hard work and the lottery!  Thanks for the info I love to hear about how the other half live!!

•  

just looked at the field and it looks pretty good.  i think we are going to see another very fine tournament.

• 1553 points

I could not agree more.  They are all good if you ask me, but for comming off a amjor it pulled a good field.

•  

I would agree with all that he field looks to be a good one and that is one of my favorites to watch. Here's to some really good golf.

•  

Same goes to whoever follows up the Masters and the Brittish.  I like the Travelers, mostly the 15th 1/2 hole.

•  

Cromwell is a great event... I used to work there before all the new changes...

I remember Sammy Davis JR driving his golf cart around....