Tiger's jacket

Tiger's jacket

•  

Does anyone know why Tiger doesn't have his name on his jacket?

http://www.golf.com/golf/gallery/article/0,28242,2022337-19,00.html

• 849 points

Jason Sobel, ESPN Golf Columnist via Twitter: "Just got official word on JacketGate: Tiger wasn't wearing one with his name on it because.. it was the wrong size. He will wear it, though."

Lot to do about nothing apparently.

•  

I noticed it as well...I will do some research and see what I can find.

•  

Well that was anti-climactic

•  

He was going incognito......

Yeah, right....

•  

LOL... had to figure it was something trivial.  I guess it really doesn't matter because the jackets are trash anyways.  I bet I could snag one on ebay next week cheap. =)

•  

IT MAY HAVE FALLEN OFF BEING THAT IT IS A PIECE OF JUNK.

GRACIOUS GOODNESS,,,,HOW BAD IS THAT.

• 2207 points

Better question is, why did any of them have their names on them in the first place?  One of them supposedly said "I haven't had my name on my back since I played pee wee football."  Not only were the rainsuits pieces of junk, putting the names on the backs is bush league.

•  

Maybe it was for so Pavin could figure out who he was looking at from a distance... IDK.  Just trying to put something positive into the outfits this week.  Lots of negative media towards them.

...Europe looks good.

•  

Did we really care if he had his nom de plume on his jacket? I doubt it.

•  

i thought the jackets were ugly, but i heard the reason they didn't work was because pavin's wife insisted they be embroidered.  and, for obvious reasons, putting small holes in water proof material doesn't always work out so well.