Tour Player Wearing Mics?

Tour Player Wearing Mics?

•  

any thoughts...Flesch and Byrd were very supportive of it..wonder if the rest of the Tour would approve it.  I think its been great for the Champions Tour but, not sure about the PGA Tour.  Which brings up the questions: Do the players have the right to vote to approve something like this or can the PGA Tour do it without consent from players?

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/tour-insider/pga-tour-players-start-wearing-microphones-36070/

•  

Personally, I think thats an added pressure that they dont need. You would have to constantly be thinking about what you say before you say it, especially on poor shots.

•  

Toss one on TW and let the fines he receives increase ten fold.  I think if the player wants to do it, AWESOME but I don't think they can require you to particiapte.

•  

I think that the players that want to do it will be the ones that I am least interested in hearing. Or you get complete egoists. It is interesting to hear discussions between players and caddies as far as the decide what they are up to, but I think that the networks would just follow the people that have them like the did on the LPGA and that was really tedious. A la Christina Kim

•  

I'm mixed on this. I'd love to hear the discussions between the caddies and their players. Much like the NHL does with their "sounds of the game" piece. But this is a really tricky subject, and the situation at the Matsres last week where TW let fly is an example of what can happen unitentionally, let alone when you "go live."

•  

Just think about some of the things you let loose when you are playing.  They are human after all.  If it was me I don't know if I could keep my self control with certain shots.

• 514 points

I feel if anyone is going to wear mics it should be the caddies.  They should only be on during their discussion about the shot.   It does not need to be live either, they could have it where the TV can take us back to the discussion after we watched the shot and they had a chance to listen.  That way we would get the more interesting tidbits too.

•  

I would hope they have a 5 second delay or something to that extent.  No matter how nice you might thing someone is they will throw out a 4 letter word when a shot goes south.  It wouldn't really bother me to hear it nor would I think any less of that person.  Club throwing and seeing how far you can bury a wedge in the fairway  gets on my nerves very quick.  It would be nice to hear conversation between caddy and player.  However, to fine them or punish them if something slips out ...I think is wrong.   But if  your cussing and throwing clubs like Tiger..  fine them by all means. 

•  

I like to hear the discussions between the player and caddie but I also agree that would add unwarranted stress to players.

I would hate to be wearing one on some of my days playing..hehe

•  

With todays technology you don't have to mic a player to hear the conversation. I have worked on the audio trucks for several sporting events and they have special "shotgun" mics that can pick up audio from a great distance. If you watch an NFL game you will see some of them in use. "Shotgun" mics are called that because they kind of look like the barrel of a shotgun, long and often have a half dome on the end to help focus the audio being captured. They could use this type of setup and hear the players thoughts without getting in the way of the player but, the players would still have it in the back of their mind since the mics would be out around the course.