MASTERS NEWS MEDIA DENIALS

MASTERS NEWS MEDIA DENIALS

•  

WAS WATCHING FOX NEWS AND APPARENTLY THEY AND MANY OTHER REGULAR NEWS MEDIA ARE NOT GETTING PRESS PASSES TO THE MASTERS.  IT SEEMS AS THOUGH THE MASTERS IS ONLY ALLOWING MEDIA WHO REGULARLY COVER THE SPORT TO BE THERE.....LIKE THE GOLF CHANNEL, OR ESPN.  APPARENTLY THIS IS BECAUSE OF WOOD'S RETURN.  THEY WANT TO BETTER CONTROL THE UPCOMING FRACUS.

WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK ABOUT TIGER'S RETURN AT THE MASTERS.  I KNOW I AM IN THE MINORITY SO I WILL REMAIN SILENT ON THE MATTER........FOR NOW.

• 777 points

It sounds like you are not the biggest fan of him coming back Bruce, at least right now. I can't blame you if that's true. However, I am looking forward to seeing him back. I am a big fan of his (even after everything). I think that everyone has their issues and it's a personal matter for him. I want to see if he is rusty at all or if he will pick up where he left off...

•  
    The Masters is an invitational, and are entitled to admit as they see fit to the patrons they would like to admit. This is the right of a private enterprise.
  •  

I don't mind it.  I think it's a good venue for him to return at because Augusta will control who comes in and out and can keep the environment around golf moreso than around Tiger (if that's possible).

I also like the fact that he is returning to the site of his first major and can hopefully have a "re-birth" so to speak and get back into the real world.

I did read that hotels sales shot out the roof and nearly no place has a room available since this morning. 

•  

I agree with Augusta National's decision. There's no need for people like TMZ (the gossip web site) or anyone else who doesn't regularly cover golf to be there. Sometimes people in the media feel they are entitled to access to anything and everything. Tournaments can choose who they grant passes to. In this case, of course it is to hope to cut back on the circus-like atmosphere, but in other cases it can be based on sheer numbers, space, power capabiities and internet access. I'm glad they are lmiiting it in this case.

I am glad to see him playing golf again.

•  

YOU ARE CORRECT.  I AM NOT HIS BIGGEST FAN.

I HAVE THE UTMOST RESPECT FOR  HIS GAME, TALENT AND WORK ETHIC.   BUT THAT IS AS FAR AS IT GOES WITH ME.

FORGET ABOUT HIS INFIDELITY...........I NEVER DID CARE FOR HIS KNUCKLE RAPPING IN YOUR FACE ATTITUDE WITH RESPECT TO THE OPPONENTS HE HAS BEATEN.  I JUST THINK THE WAY HE HANDLES HIMSELF ON THE GOLF COURSE IS IMMATURE. 

WHAT REALLY TURNED ME OFF WAS THE WAY HE ACTED AT TORREY PINES.................AN UNBELIEVABLE PERFORMANCE NO DOUBT, ONE FOR THE AGES.  BUT I JUST CANT TAKE THE FIST PUMPING AND THE FACES HE MAKES.

SEVE BALLESTEROS DID THIS KIND OF STUFF TOO AND I DIDN'T LIKE IT WHEN HE DID IT.

YOU NEVER SEE THE CLASS ACTS OF THE PROS RUB IT IN.

WELL THAT IS MY PERSPECTIVE.  

•  

I think the Masters powers that be are completely within their rights to issue media credentials to whoever they please. They don't want the circus there and I agree that that was a huge reason why Tiger picked it for his return.

I'm glad for him to be back out on tour, he's good for the game and hopefully the game will be good for him and help him put his issues behind him.

•  

I always thought that The Master's limited the press passes and was one of the few that invited individual writers rather than sent an invitation to a group who would choose who they sent. They are really doing nothing different as in years past. 

•  

BRUCE

I HAVE THE UTMOST RESPECT FOR  HIS GAME, TALENT AND WORK ETHIC.   BUT THAT IS AS FAR AS IT GOES WITH ME.

FORGET ABOUT HIS INFIDELITY...........I NEVER DID CARE FOR HIS KNUCKLE RAPPING IN YOUR FACE ATTITUDE WITH RESPECT TO THE OPPONENTS HE HAS BEATEN.  I JUST THINK THE WAY HE HANDLES HIMSELF ON THE GOLF COURSE IS IMMATURE. 

WHAT REALLY TURNED ME OFF WAS THE WAY HE ACTED AT TORREY PINES.................AN UNBELIEVABLE PERFORMANCE NO DOUBT, ONE FOR THE AGES.  BUT I JUST CANT TAKE THE FIST PUMPING AND THE FACES HE MAKES.

SEVE BALLESTEROS DID THIS KIND OF STUFF TOO AND I DIDN'T LIKE IT WHEN HE DID IT.

Bruce,

I have to disagree with you al ittle on this one. While golf does need to stay a little reserved, I thinkit is good to see some emotion out of the players. I like it when they celebrate after a great shot. Everyone though it was great during the Ryder Cup, why not in other regular matches as well.

I did not hear anyone complain about Boo rididng his driver off the tee, why punish a guy for pumping his fist after one of the greatest performances in golf? I do not like the club throwing and yelling, that does need to go. But real emotion is what golf is lacking sometimes in my opinion.

Shaun

•  

I wish the Chairman and tournament directors at Augusta National who will put on this masters luck. It is going to be a challenge. TMZ might just wind up strapping cameras to little squirrels.

• 777 points

shaun13

BRUCE

Bruce,

I have to disagree with you al ittle on this one. While golf does need to stay a little reserved, I thinkit is good to see some emotion out of the players. I like it when they celebrate after a great shot. Everyone though it was great during the Ryder Cup, why not in other regular matches as well.

I did not hear anyone complain about Boo rididng his driver off the tee, why punish a guy for pumping his fist after one of the greatest performances in golf? I do not like the club throwing and yelling, that does need to go. But real emotion is what golf is lacking sometimes in my opinion.

Shaun

I agree with Shaun here as well. I see where you are coming from Bruce, and I can understand it to some degree. I don't think Tiger was acting like that because he was trying to tell everyone how much better he is than they are. I don't think he's "rubbing it in". Most likely none of us will know what that feels like; not only to win a huge tournament like that, but to do it in the fashion that he did. I think his reactions were just raw emotion from being so pumped up. He was so excited he couldn't even slap Steve's hand. I liked it and it got me excited because of it. He is still respectful and tells his opponents how well they did, but I can only imagine it would be difficult to not have some sort of reaction like that.

• 1320 points

Fox news never covers the Masters. Why should they start now?

Woods is a circus and he will remain the clown until he takes the tent down.

•  

TW is coming back to the game at the Masters because of thir restrictions on media coverage, attendance, conduct while at the Masters by both the players, media and the guests. You can lose your pass to the Masters just by running anywhere on the course. And do they care?? According to the people who run the Masters and the course at Augusta, a big NO. They have their rules and it is too bad if you don't like them.

•  

Ive seen him play a few times here at the Memorial and while his game is amazing to watch, I stayed away from him mainly due to the crowd. A few years ago, we went on Wednesday and my son really wanted his autograph, so we waited between the driving range and the clubhouse and got many autographs including Jack, Phil, Jim, Ernie, Calc, Ogilvy, etc. Of course when Tiger goes by, he didnt even acknowledge anyone in the vicinity, After he passed, my son (He was 6 or 7 at the time) said "Daddy, hes kind of a jerk isnt he?" I had to agree with him.

•  

With the limits on press passes, the notably conservative tones of the members, Augusta is the ideal return location. Can you imagine if the first competitive round that Tiger was playing was at TPC Scottsdale? They may start throwing things at him or start a WWF cage match in the stands while the Pro/Con Tiger fans argue.

With the extremely controlled enviroment at The Master's, Tiger can take steps back from his "fall from grace". I too, am not a huge Tiger fan, but he has been and will again be good for the game.