LPGA WORLDWIDE $$$

LPGA WORLDWIDE $$$

•  

I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW AMERICAN PLAYERS CAN AFFROD TO GO TO THAILAND AND PLAY.

MIDDLE OF THE PACK FINISH GETS THE LADY +/-  $10K.

THEN SHE GOES ON TO SINGAPORE,,,ETC.

I LOOKS LIKE SHE WOULD HAVE TO FINISH IN THE TOP 10 IN THESE TOURNAMENTS TO BREAK EVEN.

DO THEIR SPONSERS PAY EXPENSES ON SOME OF THESE?

MAYBE THAT IS WHY THERE WAS ONLY 10-15 AMERICANS IN THE THAI TOURNAMENT.

•  

Sponsors do pick up some of the tab for the US ladies, but how much is a question. There are also the obligatory "appearance fees" for ladies like Natalie, Paula, Lorena, and Michelle. Once again, who gets what is a question.

This will be a key year for the LPGA, and hopefully some breakthrough ladies show something so the events get sponsorship.  

•  

It really doesn't cost that much to go and play in Thailand.

For Example: If you wanted to fly from LA to Bangkok you could do so for under $1000 return. Actually $874. The tournament generally gives you a place to stay and they have local transportation and meals. Your caddy fee is as much as 10% of your winnings.

So looking at this past weeks event: the players that tied for 26th, I pick this as it was a score of 288 (even par) each made $11,991. If you take away $1200 for the caddy and $1000 for the airfare and lets be nice and say another $500 for misc expenses you are left with $9291. While you have already traveled to Asia you might as well stay and play a few more events as inter-Asia airfares are really cheap.

Clearing a bit over $9K for an even par week isn't all that bad, if you did this for 25 events you can make a bit over $230,000.

•  

I think its nice to see the LPGA in other parts of the world, but I would like to see more American players on the LPGA.  Id also like to see another PGA or LPGA tour schedule an invent in Michigan.  

Caddy13

•  

GOOD POST 19HOLE.

SOME ACTUAL NUMBERS AND A LITTLE GOOD WORK AND VOILA NOT SO BAD.

THANX FOR THE GOOD WORK.

•  

putting concrete numbers in play as you did 19hole was very informative...thanks...