Ryder Cup assistants named today

Ryder Cup assistants named today

• 2989 points

Any thoughts on the new ryder cup assistants selected Tom Lehman, Davis Love III, Jeff Sluman and Paul Goydos.  i thought Goydos was a shocker.  I was really hoping that DLIII was going to make the team one last time though.

Read more: http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1958989,00.html#ixzz0ea7i0K4Q

•  

I think they are some good picks, I too was hoping DLIII would make the team but I am glad that he is going to be part in some sense, he is a legand in Ryder Cup history

•  

I was suprised with the Goydos pick, too, but I like it. He'll provide both an example of fighting through prblems and comic relief. He's one of the funniest guys in golf.

•  

My, my my... this is an interesting group of people on the list. Sluman is very logical, based on his experiences as an assistant. Lehman is sort of a "duh," because he and Pavin are such kindred spirits and all. And even though Lehman's team got waxed in his Capiancy, he is very much respected among the players.

DLIII I think will be a major move, since he's probably not going to qualify (even though I would hope he would). Goydos is pretty neat actually. As I've thought about it, he has that dry whit and off-handed mentality that will drive the British press crazy, since they won't know if he's telling the truth or what. Can make for good theater.

Since I am still looking at snow, I won't say "I can't wait for the matches to begin," since I have a whole season of playing to look forward to...

•  

It's awfully early but I think the group needs a Fuzzy Zoeller are someone to liven up the picture.

Goydos might help, lets wait and see.

•  

I believe that DL111 is a great choce with his dedication and steadiness. Lehman is more of a plodder and not sure about what he will bring to the team, but may be his dedication to the game and hsi putting skills; Sluman  is a good choice because of his past experiencde as an assistant as TarHeel has mentioned; Goydos is the joker in the deck and his choice, while surprising many, may turn out to be brilliant. His sense of humor far outshines the other three and his talent for being  steady is  an example many would like to exemplify.

Will be looking forward to the Ryder Cup.

•  

I think they are 3 GREAT picks... Lehman, its already been said, are BFF's... Sluman is a solid pick for his mental toughness... DL3 is still one of my favorite players ever, Beut, lets talk about it for a second... PAUL GODOS?!? He's SO dry and sarcastic. Quick witted. What a GREAT pick!  

•  

Having looked at the posts on this so far, I think I see the brilliance in Pavin's choices.

Lehman as the BFF, and clearly a spiritual leader for the team.

Sluman for his experience. Been there, done that, and can talk to the players about what to expect in Europe.

DLIII for his experience, but also clam demeanor. I think he can take up the role as the player who has played the current generation, but has ties to the legacy of the Cup.

Goydos now can be the Cpatains Boo. He can be the one who throws out the wacky comments. I think he will be the guy that the press is given access to , and I think we may see some tactical play here with him. More than that, he's an honest and say what he feels guy.

•  

I think they were good captains picks.  Goyodos was a surpise but he provide a more laid back mood.

caddy13

•  

I think they were good captains picks.  Goyodos was a surpise but he provide a more laid back mood.

caddy13

•  

I like the choices, especially Goydos as he kind of the every man in the group and will bring down any egos that show up. Also a very funny guy so I think he will keep the feeling loose.

Just wish it was golf weather and not snowmobile weather here in Wisconsin! Hitting at the dome can only get a man so far! Next business trip to a warmer climate may have to have an extra day added to it for "meetings".......

•  

ya i wish DLIII made the team but he will be a good cocaptin for this team

•  

Good choices all. DLIII will be closest to the team members, Goydos will keep it light and fun.

• 2941 points

Would you be offended if I said I didn't give two hoots?

Even if the US picked every Marvel superhero in your team you guys have no chance with Captain Fantastic leading the Europeans this year :)

•  

WOW, IF GOYDOS KEEPS PLAYING LIKE HE DID THIS WEEK HE MAY MAKE THE TEAM !! LOL

GREAT PLAYING MR. GOYDOS.