Who's Responsibility is it?

Who's Responsibility is it?

• 75 points

are you kidding me? this is the caddies responsibilty. I know there is so much more that a caddie does, but you have to keep up with the clubs. If I was Funk I would be seriously pissed and there would be something happening. Just my two cents.

•  

The players fault, the grips.lofts and club mfg. should tell him he has anothers club. What are the chances all 3 of these could be the same ?

•  

The caddie went to the wrong bag and pulled the other guys club (same company). Totally the caddies falt, but you would think you would notice it wasn't your club. Funny that is has happen to Funk twice now..

• 1550 points

It is the fault of both.  Having done both I never got the wrong club in the bag, or played another players club.  First if you lay your players club across another players bag to retrieve a divot, rake a trap or the get flag, and it does happen, you need to be on it enough to remember where you had put.  If another caddie put their players club across you bag you should be aware enough to know it isn't your players.  And finally as a player even if it is the exact same club most have characteristics that seperate them from other players clubs, ie markings, different grip, lie or grind.  Two people not catching the same mistake?  Someone hit the pubs the night before...  Done that too! 

•  

That may be, but how does the wrong club get in his bag? I would like to have seen it and at least have it on replay to be sure whose fault. I'm no expert, but I know my own clubs as many of us do, but if someone places a club in my bag that is not mine, I have noted it right away when taking out one for a shot of my own. And what is the caddy doing allowing another club in his pros bag that should never have been there in the first place. I disagree and place most of the blame on the caddy. He is there to take care of the clubs and offer advice when needed. Therefore, his responsibility is primary. And in the heat of competition we all may do some dumb things.

•  

I see that we agree again eagle on how does a caddy allow another club or anyone else into his player bag...I still think caddy fault, but maybe the player should know his equipment.