Rory is growing on me

Rory is growing on me

• 554 points

A few years ago I couldn't stand him, he struck me as a little to big for his britches, after seeing the interview on ESPN with him, and watching how he carried himself throughout the Open, he has definitely grown on me. I will definitely root for him in the future.

•  

He has a complete game now. His driving abilities were only second to his putting this week. He put on a great show at the Open. I haven't cared for him personally; but I admire his game.

• 4670 points

I think he's grown up quite a bit.  Being at the top of the world and then struggling will do that to someone.  Even the personal life struggles can mature you.

I'm starting to warm up to him also.

•  

The young lad has game and seems to light up the board on the links courses at the majors.  See if he can tame Augusta in the spring.  He deserves an "atta boy".....could be our next premier player.......

• 1730 points

I have to agree.  Thought he was a little cocky when he first came on the tour but he seemed to have matured and really like watching him now.   The same goes for Sergio....  

•  

I think we all have done some growing up in the past few years, Rory is no different. I like his game, but he is human just like every other golfer and will have bad weeks. We will not see another run like Tiger's in a long time.

• 2102 points

Whaql1
    I think we all have done some growing up in the past few years, Rory is no different. I like his game, but he is human just like every other golfer and will have bad weeks. We will not see another run like Tiger's in a long time.

Just like we will never see a run like Byron Nelsons .

• 2282 points

He definitely looks like he has the "it" factor like Tiger did early on.  Minus the melt down at Augusta, he has dominated in all 3 of his wins and has every piece of the game.  

• 3580 points

He is the most talented all around player for sure and it is tough growing up in the public view. It seems to me he is always pretty honest and respectful to others.

Only downside is he switched to the swoosh, guess no one is perfect .

•  

GolfGuyInTx
    Whaql1I think we all have done some growing up in the past few years, Rory is no different. I like his game, but he is human just like every other golfer and will have bad weeks. We will not see another run like Tiger's in a long time.

Just like we will never see a run like Byron Nelsons .

Agreed, it happens from time to time but overall golf is a pretty fair opportunity to win.

•  

I have to admit he is growing on me.  Never was a big fan but that is changing.  

•  

Not so much for me.   I don't dislike him, but he isn't my favourite player on or off the course.

• 3580 points

I feel about Tiger the way some feel about Rory, don't like him personally but you sure have to respect what each has done on the course.

Love watching them play, I actually like Tiger a little more since his 'issues" , he seems more human. He used to seem robotic.

Zach,Adam and Stricks are still my favs.