Collin Montgomery

Collin Montgomery

• 5235 points

I watched a segment on the Golf Channel featuring Montgomery. He seems a lot more personable than I had thought he was. Seems like a nice guy.

• 3067 points

Age can certainly mellow someone, it appears that seems to be what have happened

• 1858 points

I never quite understood the problem people had with Colin, he was brash, spoke his mind and was a fierce competitor.

A little personality would not be bad for the tour, the old guys certainly had some.

•  

GolfGuyInTx
    I never quite understood the problem people had with Colin, he was brash, spoke his mind and was a fierce competitor.

A little personality would not be bad for the tour, the old guys certainly had some.

Watch who you call old!

• 5142 points

I think he's a bit of a whiner.  Especially when things don't go his way. It's been so long since he was relevant on the regular tour that I can't cite examples but in a lot of ways he's like an older, British version of Phil; except Phil finally won Majors.

•  

He has a weird public persona.

All the interviews I've seen with him have been very good but there are plenty of peole who think he is always miserable, a bit like Faldo was seen when he was playing.

Its great to see him playing well in the US though as still a very good player.

• 1789 points

I agree Colin is a great addition to the GC team.  

•  

I like him better when he plays Mrs. Doubtfire

•  

I had a very pleasant first had experience with him at a PGA event a Kiawah Island when I was working as a volunteer a number of years ago.  He was very personable, smiled a little and said thank you.  These guys are focused and make their a living playing golf, so if them seem a little aloof at times, so be it.   Lee Trevino said what he felt and everyone thought he was funny, because he said it with a smile.  And I have seen Lee really put fans in their places at a tournament with vigor.  

•  

bholley

Thanks...I needed a laugh today.  Great photos!!!

• 4423 points

I'm sort of divided.  I want to give him more time before I really sort of figure out what I think.  At first glance though I think he's a good addition to the GC

• 536 points

bholley

That is awesome! Watch out for the run-by fruitings!