British,er, the OPEN Championship

British,er, the OPEN Championship

• 5177 points

Who do you like? Any early favorites? Will Tiger repeat his performance of 2006? Will Phil come alive and defend the Claret Jug?

•  
    I'm going with an American...no guesses right now...
  •  

Jordan Speith will be my American pick, Kaymer would be my European pick.

•  

Still too early to pick anyone.  Now that Stricker has decided not to play, I'll have to find another favorite to root for.

•  

I am going to say a charge by Els.

•  

NCBob
    Jordan Speith will be my American pick, Kaymer would be my European pick.

I am going with Bob's European pick......da German is playing some good golf.......I think he has to be a favorite......could it be FJ's number Ambassador's time......I always all in with Stricker.......love to see him pick up a major......

• 5050 points

My long shot pick is a friend, Anirban Lahiri. He only got his invite last week while on his honeymoon in Madagascar and actually got stuck there -- would be a great story.  But I really think it's going to depend on the weather and will hold off making my pick until early next week.

•  

Sorry Chuck, Stricker will not win a major this time, he has withdrawn from The Open Championship.

• 1642 points

I think Spieth, Kuchar and Westwood will all be up there in the hunt.  So hard to pick a winner from week to week but I think these 3 are some of the most consistent out there when it comes to the big stage.  

• 1642 points

I think Spieth, Kuchar and Westwood will all be up there in the hunt.  So hard to pick a winner from week to week but I think these 3 are some of the most consistent out there when it comes to the big stage.  

ChuckZ
    NCBobJordan Speith will be my American pick, Kaymer would be my European pick.

I am going with Bob's European pick......da German is playing some good golf.......I think he has to be a favorite......could it be FJ's number Ambassador's time......I always all in with Stricker.......love to see him pick up a major......

I know Chuck I like Stricker also but is he even going to make the trip?  Last week at Greenbriar he was thinking of skipping I think they said.  I would encourage him to play all majors, and with his game I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to he may just win one of them.  

• 2960 points

I am looking at Adam to be right there on Sunday as well as Kuchar to have a shot .

•  

DB9Boilers
    I think Spieth, Kuchar and Westwood will all be up there in the hunt.  So hard to pick a winner from week to week but I think these 3 are some of the most consistent out there when it comes to the big stage.  ChuckZNCBobJordan Speith will be my American pick, Kaymer would be my European pick.

I know Chuck I like Stricker also but is he even going to make the trip?  Last week at Greenbriar he was thinking of skipping I think they said.  I would encourage him to play all majors, and with his game I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to he may just win one of them.

Sorry to see Steve is not going.....Kaymer will be tough at the Open......Adam is a good pick also.......

• 4345 points

I'm going to wait and see at the moment.  I like Phil's chances actually.  I'm interested to see how some of the young guys do playing a different game than they see stateside (although Pinehurst may have helped many of them with the hard packed fairways).

• 5177 points

how about Angel Cabrera? Recall that Tiger was one of the biggest hitters in golf when he won here. Used his driver once! I think Cabrera is hot and man is he powerful! He might be the man this week...a battle tested major winner...

•  

Too bad Jimmy Walker was sick this past week.  I'd go with him to breakthrough but no sure about his stamina as of right now...