Lucy Li

Lucy Li

•  

Cute kid, nice game, sunblock was precious. Needs a few more years of seasoning.

• 2102 points

Gotta love her having the ability to qualify.

•  

Very mature for an 11 year old.......home schooled through Stanford University's online program, so you know she is a very bright young lady........and she seemed very happy with back to back 78s......she'll grow into those shoes and do well, she's got game...

• 4643 points

I hope we don't see her fizzle out.  I think she has the right personality and one that the tour would love to have around.

• 1735 points

Was nice to see a very young player qualify and have fun out there with the big girls.  I am sure we will hear her name in the future.  

•  

I will admit she was a cutie. And a personality that was infectious.

But one needs to look no further than this years victor, Michelle Wie, to see what can go wrong in cases like these. I hope Lucy keeps doing what makes her happy, and if that's golf, great. She's very smart and will be heard from again one day. In golf? Maybe. In life, most assuredly.

•  

I get that she's qualified and cute and all, and that's impressive in my view.

Her parents must be very proud to say the least- and she looks as happy as can be.

But, maybe I need to know more about golf and its business, and it's probably the reason why I ask my self...

"Where does an 11 year old go from here after playing in the U.S. Open?"

•  

She clearly has game but I would argue the more she plays as an amateur, the better. She can get all the experience in the world, there is plenty of time to make money later on with her game.

• 1458 points

i heard that too. she also has an older brother at princeton. that says a lot, but coupled with the fact that she has the maturity at 11 to qualify for the u.s. women's open says a lot about her parents' parenting skills.

•  

I think it is great when somebody her age is able to qualify for the US Open.  She handled herself very well both on the course and with the press.  See seemed like she was having a blast with it.  Personally, I think the best was when she had an ice cream bar in her hand when she was answering questions at one of the press briefings.  Priceless.....

•  

Tar Heel
    I will admit she was a cutie. And a personality that was infectious.

But one needs to look no further than this years victor, Michelle Wie, to see what can go wrong in cases like these. I hope Lucy keeps doing what makes her happy, and if that's golf, great. She's very smart and will be heard from again one day. In golf? Maybe. In life, most assuredly.

I really hope she doesn't got the route Wie did...it took Wie so long to "enjoy" the game again and now we are seeing some of the skills everyone touted about her nearly 10 years later...

Lucy did pretty well for herself and showed she does have game...lets just hope someone keeps her family in check which no one did for Wie

• 2840 points

She has the potential to be a great ambassador for a sport that needs  to attract more participants. Let's hope her parents can help her keep life in perspective.