Women's US Open - early leaders..

Women's US Open - early leaders..

• 5025 points

Great to see Stacy Lewis shine in her opening round with a 67 on her card. Lots of other US women in the hunt and playing well though it is early in the first round...Go Stacey!!

•  

Have to back the Aussie amateur MInjee Lee ... # 1 world ranked amateur and sitting at -1 after day one.

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi !!!

• 1869 points

I am with Pistol here, go Stacy!!!

•  

Little rain overnight down there. Could adjust the conditions a little bit for those out early today in the draw. But with 90 degree temps, it will dry out fast and get hard again.

Just love the look of the course right now. So much like Europe with pine trees!

•  

CROCMAN
    Have to back the Aussie amateur MInjee Lee ... # 1 world ranked amateur and sitting at -1 after day one.

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi !!!

Well aren't you just the Happy Little Vegimite!

•  

Looks a little different out there today. Michele Wie in the clubhouse at -4 and the lead. Lots of big names shot REALLY big numbers yesterday; Gulbis, Petersen, Pak, Pressel....

•  

Hey Croc tell Rick to stuff the vegimite in his "Tucker Bag"

• 934 points

How about the 11yr old, Lucy Li? Pretty amazing!
    • 1680 points

It not hard to root for the local lady....Go Stacy

•  

Michelle Wie coming into her own, it seems. She has been a pro for what seems like forever but is still very young. I will be rooting for her!

• 4743 points

pistolpete
    Great to see Stacy Lewis shine in her opening round with a 67 on her card. Lots of other US women in the hunt and playing well though it is early in the first round...Go Stacey!!

Stacy is my odds on favorite.

•  

Stacy tried her best today to get into the winner's circle, but Michelle Wie just had too much game coming in.  Nice win for Michelle who may finally be coming into her own.  Stacy showed real class coming off the range to give Michelle a big hug on the 18th green.

•  

Whaql1
    Michelle Wie coming into her own, it seems. She has been a pro for what seems like forever but is still very young. I will be rooting for her!

I agree.  Seems she finally has her mind and off-course life in a good enough place to be able to really focus on her golf.  I think she took a lot of unfair criticism over the years and it's nice to see her finally come through in a major.

• 4180 points

I love that Wie won.  It was great to see Lewis put on a great run at the end.  What an awesome round she put together.  Wie though has been due.  Her game has been rounding out nicely recently and it seems she's finally in the right frame of mind to contend frequently.  Maybe we see her and Lewis battling regularly with a host of others contending.  This is an exciting time for the LPGA.

• 4743 points

Course looked tough. Scores reflected in both the PGA and LPGA tournaments.