Eric Compton

Eric Compton

• 1254 points

I couldn't help but pull for this guy to make a run at Martin Kaymer this past weekend.  What a great fighter and really puts into context just how lucky we all are to enjoy this great game and he happens to be a complete Titleist tour player sporting the DNA's on Sunday.  With all he has been through its amazing he is playing at such a high level this year!!!

• 1680 points

He is a guy you have to pull for with all the adversity he has experienced.

•  

I was right there with you.  What an example of courage.

• 4884 points

Just to survive and live a healthy/normal life after 1 transplant is incredible. But to have 2 and to resume a professional career in sports is a miracle.

•  

Simply an incredible story !!!

• 2723 points

A guy who has things in perspective , golf has it's proper place and he sets quite an example of courage. He is in playing in the Travelers here in CT and yesterday visited the Heart surgery ward in Hartford Hospital. A class act four sure.

•  

I just think what he's accomplished is utterly amazing...

I wish nothing but good fortune for him...hope this gives him the confidence to know he can play with the best...

• 2712 points

He is a .reat model for other folks who have physical challenges. He deserves immense credit for chasing his dream.

• 2723 points

I don't know how he does not get an automatic berth to the Open championship for his runner up at the US open.

They are giving spots to the top 4 from the Quicken loans and Greenbrier but a guy finishes second in the US open doesn't get in ?

Very strange in my opinion.

• 5025 points

tee2green
    I don't know how he does not get an automatic berth to the Open championship for his runner up at the US open.

They are giving spots to the top 4 from the Quicken loans and Greenbrier but a guy finishes second in the US open doesn't get in ?

Very strange in my opinion.

That is odd...I do not believe the second place finisher of any major other than the British Open is exempt. And I could understand exempting winners of these other two events on the PGA Tour leading up to the Open. But I cannot construct a rationale for why runners up from these other non-majors qualify...

Anyone out there have an idea?