Martin Kaymer playing a different tournament?

Martin Kaymer playing a different tournament?

•  

Did Martin Kaymer draw the short straw and get to play the putt-putt course???  He is playing out of his mind.  Less than 30 players are currently within 10 shots!

• 641 points

Seems that way. Will be interesting to see what the board looks like tomorrow night.

•  

duplicate!

•  
    Play for par next 36!!!!!! It's over!,
    • 1637 points

I hope he goes crazy this weekend and doubles that lead.  I have a few bets riding on him.  

• 1683 points

Amazing play is all I can say.

• 5031 points

If someone, ANYONE, can close out today at -5 or -4, it'll give Martin something to think about..Tiger always viewed a five or six stroke deficit as totally within the realm of recoverable. Three a day for the last two rounds....Not sure if anyone has the ability to get there and then to grind the way Tiger did in his heyday. It has been a while since Martin has been so hot...a little pressure from a hot golfer might cool him off a bit..until that happens, Kaymer's putting performance has to be one of the best ever in a US Open...

•  

Holy heck, he is so calm and just killing this course. I would love to see him play conservative on the weekend and have a young gun like Brenden Todd steal it from him, but I doubt it will happen.

• 4913 points

With 13 players under par, the course doesn't appear to be as challenging as USGA predicted.  Of course Kaymer is playing exceptional golf and is totally in the zone. It would be nice for him to win -- a long battle back after swing changes, etc. But I hope the course conditions are toughened up a bit.

•  

When top players find their groove and miss single digit greens and fairways over 2 rounds they are going to score well, even more impressive considering the difficulty of not only hitting/holding the greens but putting them as well. He has a good lead but I see it getting interesting by Sunday, someone has a run in them to make him sweat.

•  

Remember, he is a major champ and the former #1 in the world.  He can run away with this...

•  

If he runs away with this and it turns into a snorefest.... Im hoping for the worst rain and wind at the Open! Sorry, but I want to see a slugfest!

•  

He is hitting to the middle of the greens and the rest of the field is firing at the pins.....playing pretty smart golf in my opinion....fariways and greens.....his tournament to loose......wish him the best.....would like to see Na catch fire and give him a good run......

•  

miniwarmth
    With 13 players under par, the course doesn't appear to be as challenging as USGA predicted.  Of course Kaymer is playing exceptional golf and is totally in the zone. It would be nice for him to win -- a long battle back after swing changes, etc. But I hope the course conditions are toughened up a bit.

I think today proved the weather had more to do with the scoring than the course.  Pinehurst is a very unique course.  The greens are so difficult, it doesn't need high rough to make it difficult.  but when the conditions get wet, that neutralized the severity of the greens.  

• 1683 points

The day that defines a true champion is here.