Adam Scott

Adam Scott

• 1911 points

Tie or better than 16th to take over the #1 spot.   Come on Adam!!!     Was also reading on GolfChannel that in the 28 years of world ranking system, there has only been 17 different #1's.    Number seems quite low!

• 5013 points

• 1911 points

682 weeks.... That's crazy.

•  

Dirt4900
    Tie or better than 16th to take over the #1 spot.   Come on Adam!!!     Was also reading on GolfChannel that in the 28 years of world ranking system, there has only been 17 different #1's.    Number seems quite low!

until you consider that 20 out of those 28 years had Norman or Tiger as #1.  The world rankings aren't very fluid and I like that.  It shouldn't change very often.

•  

Now you all know as a proud Aussie and golf enthusiast I would love for Scott to become No.1 but I though Stenson and Kuchar also had the chance to go to No.1 if they win this week and all three happen to be past champions so let the best man (as it should be) win.

• 1764 points

I am pulling for Adam.

•  

Absolutely amazing stats.  

•  

AS is going to have to shoot something special on Friday to make the cut after a very disappointing round today ... and if he does make the weekend will have to absolutely shoot the lights out to have any chance.

• 2507 points

Actually the interesting thing about Adam Scott and world #1 ranking was that if he did not even show up he could have been number #1.  This was pointed out by some media member.  Glad competing and winning is more important than becoming #1.  I hope he has a good showing and earns the #1 spot.  

•  

Adam just need to play and it will happen, he might be think about it too much. Good luck today

Lehman is gotta be a trivia question some day for sure !

• 2894 points

Adam is off to a very good start today, 3 under thru 4 holes.  I am sure he was ticked off he played so poorly yesterday. He will get  to  three or four under the way he is striking the ball today.

Still a chance for a top 10 finish. Hoping he finish's strong.

• 1911 points

CROCMAN
    AS is going to have to shoot something special on Friday to make the cut after a very disappointing round today ... and if he does make the weekend will have to absolutely shoot the lights out to have any chance.

Agreed.  Not a very good day at all for Adam.   Hopefully he can turn it WAY around today.

•  

From what I read 4 players have a chance to take over #1 this week.  And if Adam Scott had sat this one out, he would have moved ahead of Tiger.  Interesting that playing and finishing outside the top 15 is worse than not playing at all.

•  

On tv they said he would have gotten the #1 spot if he had stayed home.  I wouldn't have stayed home either...

• 1911 points

tdogg21
    From what I read 4 players have a chance to take over #1 this week.  And if Adam Scott had sat this one out, he would have moved ahead of Tiger.  Interesting that playing and finishing outside the top 15 is worse than not playing at all.

I didn't hear that scenario but very odd that it would work that way.