Bonallack Trophy 2014 - Top Amateurs from Europe and AsiaPac

Bonallack Trophy 2014 - Top Amateurs from Europe and AsiaPac

• 4881 points

Attended the Bonallack Trophy in Bangalore, India these last few days. It featured 12 of the best amateur golfers from Europe and 12 from AsiaPacific countries.It was a Ryder-Cup style format and Sir Michael was in attendance!  He's was quite the amateur in his day -- competed in 9 Walker Cups and won the British Amateur 4 times!

I got to talk and meet most of players during the time I was there.  I also met and interacted with some of the top coaches/admistrators from Europe and Asia. All were very, very nice and modest individuals.  Europe ended up winning 17.5 to 14.5. The singles matches today were full of tension and for awhile it looked like the AsiaPac team might turn the tide. But in the end Europe prevailed.

Here's a pic of five of the players just after they won (L-R): Gavin Moynihan, James Ross, Ryan Evans, Robbie Van West, Mads Soegaard. All great guys. And wearing FJ DNA's!

a tap in eagle!!!  

Here's a pic of me decked out in FJ gear with AsianPac player Karan Taunk. He's a great guy and he's wearing new FJ Sports! 

•  

Sorry never heard of the Bonallack Trophy.  Always need to learn something everyday.

•  

It's an amateur version of the Eurasia Cup.

• 4881 points

NCBob
    Sorry never heard of the Bonallack Trophy.  Always need to learn something everyday.

I hadn't heard of it either ;)

But once I did a bit of research, i was pretty excited to have met a guy with such a distinguished record and made such significant contributions to the game. He's also World Golf Hall of Fame and the first member of Augusta National that I have had the pleasure of meeting.  Didn't get a picture though :(

Watching the top Amateurs from Europe and AsiaPac was gravy.