Jordan Spieth not with Foot Joy?

Jordan Spieth not with Foot Joy?

•  

Apparently I missed something over the "off-season."  I know Spieth wore UA apparel but I thought he was still wearing FJ shoes.  But it sure doesn't look like he is this week.  If he made the jump, that's too bad.

•  

I wondered that myself when watching yesterday.  Looked to me as if he were wearing UA shoes, a new venture for them.

• 404 points

It appears that the shoes are not the only FJ / Titleist change.  His fairway metal wood had a white club head, certainly not a Titleist product.

•  

What in the world does he have on????

•  

Thought I saw the three stripes on him.... Took a double take but missed it.

• 404 points

Saw a close up of the shoes on TV last night.  They have the UA logo on the sides.  Must be something new that UA is working on.  Wonder if any of the other pros that wear UA apparel will make the switch to these shoes....Hunter Mahan???

•  

They are UA shoes and not very good looking IMO.

•  

You can see them on other golf website's they are UA and they are ugly :(

•  

golferdrmjr
    They are UA shoes and not very good looking IMO.

i thought the same thing.  If he's going to wear another companies shoes, at least wear a decent looking pair.

•  

I'm disappointed that he left FJ, especially for these.

•  

I knew UA was going to come out with shoes but didn't know when. They are pretty basic looking but I don't know anything else. I have a buddy in the UA marketing department maybe he had shed some light.

•  

Whaql1
    I knew UA was going to come out with shoes but didn't know when. They are pretty basic looking but I don't know anything else. I have a buddy in the UA marketing department maybe he had shed some light.

UA is local to my area, so I've been a supporter for many years.  But only for my running gear.  I think their golf apparel is very lacking and nothing special.  It's like they want Puma style, but not really.  I was never impressed with their athletic shoes, so I can't believe there will be anything special about their golf shoes.  I use to enjoy cheering for him, but no more.

• 3284 points

Money. Young guy getting it where he can, when he can.  Was just reading about a bunch of other changes -- Els to Adams Golf, Singh to Hopkins (For Wedges), etc.  Those shoes are ugly though.

•  

dtr8
    It appears that the shoes are not the only FJ / Titleist change.  His fairway metal wood had a white club head, certainly not a Titleist product.

FAIRWAY WOOD: TaylorMade RocketBallz Stage 2 (14.5 degree) with a Mitsubishi Diamana White Board shaft....all other clubs should be Titleist......

•  

I think Hunter and Jordan are different cases.  I don't see Hunter switching.  Jordan's deal with UA always included shoes and gloves once UA developed them.

I bet he's disappointed he did that after getting a taste of the good life (FJ)!

m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/.../Under-Armour-Spieth.aspx