Scott named GWAA Player of the Year over Woods

Scott named GWAA Player of the Year over Woods

•  

Adam Scott was voted the Male Player of the Year by the Golf Writers Association of America, nipping Tiger Woods for the award by five votes (218 were cast).

The GWAA recognizes not just PGA Tour but also global achievement, and Scott won four times worldwide in 2013, including the Masters for his first major title. At the end of the year he nearly won the Australian Slam, capturing both the PGA and Masters before finishing second at the Open. He also teamed up with Jason Day to win the World Cup of Golf at Royal Melbourne.

“It is an honor to be recognized as the most consistent male golfer of 2013 and it is appreciated to have the respect of the Golf Writers of America. Thank you,” Scott said in a release.

Congratulations to Adam.....

• 5065 points

I like Scott. I think that him snapping up Stevie was a smart move on his part.

•  

Mark, I agree with you......Tigers loss as well as Butch Harmon.....played out of this world with those two......hope Scotty sets it on fire this year........by the way, we got a shipment in today from FJ, no sweaters, sorry.........

• 2963 points

I think Adam 2 years ago finally got a little fire in his belly and now is overflowing with confidence. Stevie Williams probably helped stoke that fire some.

He now realizes how good he really is and can be going forward, lot's of success in store for Adam.

• 716 points

Congrats to Adam Scott. I think the award was hard earned and well deserved. Watching the Hyundai this week, I think he'll do exceptionally well this year with the confidence he's gained with his recent wins. His current world and money ranking.adds to his confidence.