Morning Drive discussion on who will win the majors in 2014?

Morning Drive discussion on who will win the majors in 2014?

•  

Too rainy and cold to play golf even with the FJ layers, so I watched the Morning Drive this am.   John Cook said he strongly feels all four majors will be won by either Adam Scott, Tiger Woods, or Phil Mickelson.  He stated that this is based on the courses chosen for the majors this year.  I think that Henrik Stenson and   Zach Johnson should be in this mix as well.  How does the rest of the FJC feel.  

• 758 points

Jason Dufner gets one again this year!

•  

I think this will be the year of the Tiger as far as the majors.  They are all courses he has proven he can manage.  I agree with you on Henrik.  He just has his grove on and with such a strong 2013 finish, look for him to compete early in 2014....maybe a 1st major for him in GA.

•  

Morning Drive this morning went on to predict Tiger to win POY for 2014 based on his projected performance this year.  They are feeling this is his year.  I am still in the mix on Scott and Stenson.   They finished strong and their momentum could carry them through 2014.  Should be an exciting 2014.   Maybe a steady girfriend in Tiger's life can tame the Tiger and he will get back on track.  I have mixed feelings regarding Tiger but love his game......

• 3580 points

I can see Adam getting a green jacket again this year, Stenson if he stays near his level of 2013 is going to be a factor in at least 2 of the four. Mickelson is going to put all his focus in Pinhurst and Tiger is always among the favorites at Augusta.

The tour is so deep now  it is really difficult to win any tournament let alone a major.

•  

I see Stricker nabbing the Open!

•  

Picking winners is so hard because we have no idea who these guys are going to be playing at that time or if someone is going to catch fire at the right time. I know they have to fill air time with conversation but at this point who knows how well guys will be playing in April at the Masters for example. Do I think players in top 10 of world have good chance? Of course. But could someone come out of nowhere and pick off a major? Surely!!

•  

The above picks should be the popular choices.  But just like most every year there will be an up and comer break through.  I could see Sergio Garcia or Webb Simpson getting a major this year.  Would really like to see one of the new young guns do it.  Spieth in particular.

TT

• 9 points

I think Tiger will win another major this year.  I could see Woodland or English breaking through for their first Major.  I'd love to see Stricker get his first major victory, but I just don't see that happening.

• 3580 points

I agree about Stricker ,it would be great to see him finally bag a major. The Masters or PGA would be his best shot.