Q School

Q School

• 1393 points

is this being televised? Golf Channel says they'll be televising more college golf next year but Q school deserves some attention. I think it'd be compelling tv because these guys are really playing for something.

•  

Q School for the Tour is no more! It has become the path to the WEB.Com tour.

• 1393 points

Right, at first I kind of had a problem with the fact that q school is for the web.com tour but the Jordan Spieths will still get there opportunities for sponsor exemptions. I'm stil not sure why they did it in the first place. They tried to say that success on the web.com tour is a better indicator of success on the main tour but I'm not sure I buy that explaination. At the end of the day, these guys are still playing for something significant and I'd like to see the golfing world tell more of their stories.

•  

they needed to build up exposure for the Web.com tour.  And they see more young stars coming from Europe than the US, so I think this is a desperate attempt to try to change that.  It will be interesting in 3-5 years to see how this change had affected anyone.

•  

I believe the Web.com tour has more talent than any other tour in the world except THE TOUR.  Play or stay home.  Getting hot or in the zone for a couple of weeks is easier than trying to be there all year.  

• 1698 points

I really don't like the new system. If a youngster has the tools to get on the tour right away a light it up I say let him play.

•  

GolfGuyInTx
    I really don't like the new system. If a youngster has the tools to get on the tour right away a light it up I say let him play.

They can still do that.  it's not like the one and done rule for college basketball.  A couple of guys in recent years have made it on tour without going to (or "passing" at Q School).  Plus there's Europe like  Peter Uihlein is doing.  Obviously, it's not as easy, but if they're good enough, it can be done.

• 2758 points

I didn't really think a change  was necessary but I don't think it's a big deal. If someone has the game a year on the Web.com tour will not hurt them at all.

•  

tdogg21
    GolfGuyInTxI really don't like the new system. If a youngster has the tools to get on the tour right away a light it up I say let him play.

They can still do that.  it's not like the one and done rule for college basketball.  A couple of guys in recent years have made it on tour without going to (or "passing" at Q School).  Plus there's Europe like  Peter Uihlein is doing.  Obviously, it's not as easy, but if they're good enough, it can be done.

I could see it could frustate some players however the one's that are hungry will win on web.com and overseas so in the end I do not think it holds anyone back.  IMHO

• 4180 points

Chris92009
    tdogg21GolfGuyInTxI really don't like the new system. If a youngster has the tools to get on the tour right away a light it up I say let him play.

I could see it could frustate some players however the one's that are hungry will win on web.com and overseas so in the end I do not think it holds anyone back.  IMHO

I think if they get frustrated by having to go through the web.com tour perhaps they need to work on the mental side of themselves a bit?

I do agree that being able to watch some of q-school would be great.  Seeing the new names try to make a go of it (and some old names too!).