ZACH'S WIN

ZACH'S WIN

•  

I don't know if anyone watched the tournament today, but for those of you who didn't, you missed one great performance by Zach Johnson. Trailing Tiger by 3 most of the way after round 3, Zach came back and tied Tiger and sent it to a playoff. Zach made his putt to save par and Tiger rimmed his to give Zach the win. It was Zach's continued effort that I believe gave him the win . Also Tiger's poor shot going into the playoff hole that I feel gave Zach a definite advantage, in that Tiger had ended up in the same position he had on the 18th hole to send it into a playoff and that may have been what jinxed the Tiger. Whatever happened, it was definitely nice to see Zach nail this one.

•  

TW played to conservatively.... Good win and a gutsy one by Zach.. Never count yr opponent out!

• 2795 points

it was an exciting finish-just the reason why you never give up until the last shot. I had never seen the course before but it looked like it would be a great experience to play there.

• 5384 points

I still can't believe that TW missed that par putt on the playoff hole.

• 3100 points

Zach is as tough as nails. The kind of player who doesn't wow you with any one thing but play's to what he does well and at his current win rate if he bags another major along his way he will end up in the hall of fame.

• 1458 points

miniwarmth

Ditto! Wouldn't you love to know what was going on inside his head during that putt? I know when I'm getting ready to hit a four foot putt I'm thinking, "ok, drain this like Tiger" but now maybe I should be thinking "hole out like Zach and you won't have to putt."

• 1458 points

I think Tiger has always played too conservatively. Seriously, I think that's his game. In the past he was a handful of shots ahead of everyone else so it wasn't as apparent.That being said, he hit some horrible shots in the last few holes and during the playoff. But hats off to Zach! He deserves the kudos for that gutsy performance.

• 4493 points

I love it when tournaments end like this!  It makes for great TV IMO and the storylines are always fun.

I'm a Tiger fan but I have no problems when someone can run with him and then beat him!  Well done ZJ

•  

miniwarmth

i don't think his head was in it like it should or normally is.  at the end of the day, as much as he wanted to win, it wasn't a major tourney to him and i don't think he focused like he would in a major.  no way he misses that putt at Augusta.

•  

Professor3
    miniwarmthI still can't believe that TW missed that par putt on the playoff hole.

Ditto! Wouldn't you love to know what was going on inside his head during that putt? I know when I'm getting ready to hit a four foot putt I'm thinking, "ok, drain this like Tiger" but now maybe I should be thinking "hole out like Zach and you won't have to putt."

My though process each time I have a vokey in my hand around or close to the green....sometimes they even go in......Tiger just got a little too agressive on the putt and it lipped out on the high side......he tought he made it by the look on his face.....as they say, "putt it past the hole"......but, I on the other hand like to putt it to the hole.....a great finish.......last time we will get to see that tournament at that course.......

•  

That was an amazing end to the tournament.  When Zach put it in the water on 18, I thought that was the biggest choke I've seen in a long time.  But to then put it in the hole from the drop zone was absolutely amazing.  Great tournament finish!

•  

A well deserved win For Mr. Zach Johnson!

Very persistent to be up top as it shows being in second place a couple of times before.

Awesome short game- great iron player...

He does what he does and does it well without thinking what others could...

IT'S PAYDAY!

•  

As I hit a beautiful three wood today on a short par four and shanked my second shot close to the woods and popped my third shot short of the green.....I thought to myself "what would Zach do".....being about five yards off the green, I pulled out my 50 degree vokey and chipped in the hole for a par to a flag about fifteen feet on the green....history repeats itself.....thanks for the inspiration ZJ.......

• 1362 points

Unfortunately missed the action as I was stuck in airports but am thrilled for Zach. That's one *** of a Christmas present for him. Go Zach, Titleist and FJ!

•  

Incredible last few holes !!!

ZJ nearly holes out on 16 and then again on 17 only to hit one of the worst shots imaginable into the drink on 18 and then what ... holes the pitch ... unbelievable !!!

Couldn't really believe TW missed the putt in the playoff .. not because it wasn't a decent tester, but because it was TW.

Can't recall him missing one of those when he is right in it !!!

Has the magic gone ??? and surely, surely, surely me must be able to find a Driver that goes straight.