PGA Wrap around schedule

PGA Wrap around schedule

• 4131 points

What is your opinion on the new extended season?

•  

More golf on TV is never a bad thing ... but think there were 8 tournaments on worldwide last week so may need to invest in another recorder.

•  

To me the Tour starts at the Sony in HI. I hope the wrap around gives some guys a shot

• 3284 points

I'm thinking of paring down my schedule and just focusing on (watching) the majors -- ala Tiger, Phil, Scott, etc  :)

•  

so far i've liked it.  i've watched more golf this fall than i ever have.  having bigger names in the field has kept me interested.  and i enjoyed watching the euro tour more as well.  it's been nice to be able to get up on a weekend morning and watch golf.  and it's usually over about the time the rest of the family wakes up.

• 5277 points

I think it is good.  There were more big name players playing in the fall events now that the were part of the full season.  Always good to have more exciting golf on TV!

• 1628 points

I love it and I know the players love it too! The OHL went from a $3 million dollar event to a $6 million dollar event.

• 2420 points

The main point of it was to secure title sponsors and it has definitely accomplished that. Also by giving out FED EX points you have seen an increase of top 50  players playing in those few events. So far so good.

•  

Is this the death of the silly season?  I don't know when the players will get a little down time with this wrap around season.  May be good for some of the lower ranked players.

• 316 points

I would like to see the four tournaments in Australia be included to the new season. That way all the major tours get exposure from the best players in the world participating. I love golf on TV, but the last couple events on PGA tour were very boring and un-eventful in my opinion. Great for the rookies or lower ranked players, but no big names really lose my interest.

•  

I like it because it allows for other players to get a chance while the "big boys" are taking a break. I want to see the young guys tee it up as battle in a real tornament so when they are facing a vet on Sunday they don't back down.

•  

Can't complain about more golf...

•  

NCBob
    Is this the death of the silly season?  I don't know when the players will get a little down time with this wrap around season.  May be good for some of the lower ranked players.

I have seen that it's not that good for lower ranked players. Zach and Webb's and Bubb'a and DJ are playing the events to get a jump on next year and blocking spots for the new guys who used to count on the late season events to hold cards and whatnot.

A lot of the new tour card winners have been blocked from events due to the wrap around season. Maybe the pga will get it fixed next year. Golf channel has done a great job explaining this situation if you can catch a segment on it.

• 2625 points

I just think that having a solid break gives more meaning to the season. Think how boring the other major sports would be if they elongated the seasons.  A perfect example is The N.H.L. which now goes into June. By the time  the regular hockey season is winding down all but the diehards are  losing entusiasm

•  

RANDYWILDMAN
    NCBobIs this the death of the silly season?  I don't know when the players will get a little down time with this wrap around season.  May be good for some of the lower ranked players.

I have seen that it's not that good for lower ranked players. Zach and Webb's and Bubb'a and DJ are playing the events to get a jump on next year and blocking spots for the new guys who used to count on the late season events to hold cards and whatnot.

A lot of the new tour card winners have been blocked from events due to the wrap around season. Maybe the pga will get it fixed next year. Golf channel has done a great job explaining this situation if you can catch a segment on it.

i think this will work itself out.  these guys don't want to play a bunch of events all year.  eventually i think they will decide to either not play the end of the year events or skip more events in the summer.  it might take a couple of years for everyone to figure it out, but i think in the end, this will be better for the new guys.