How is this for a great day of golf !

How is this for a great day of golf !

• 2911 points

It appears Jordan shot a nice little 67 at Pine Valley and then later in the same day got in a quick 9 at Augusta, now that's an awesome day of golf in my book .www.geoffshackelford.com/.../same-day-spieth-plays-pine-valley-augusta-national.html

•  

Living the good life....    My dream twosome is The Riv and Cypress in one day!

• 2911 points

That is a fine pair as well.....oh to be 20 and have a private Jet at your disposal. Jordan certainly has a fine career to look forward too.

• 1763 points

Nice...Well, my wish to Santa this Christmas is to play Pebble Beach and Cypress Point in one weekend. Not asking for too much...HA!

• 4315 points

That is a great day of golf.  I certainly wouldn't turn that down :)

•  

CHEFRAD
    Nice...Well, my wish to Santa this Christmas is to play Pebble Beach and Cypress Point in one weekend. Not asking for too much...HA!

Guess my wish to dear ole Santa just might be Pinehurst #2 and Augusta National.....that is if he is a member at Augusta National and can get me on.....Christmas is not that far away and think he is listening to us.....

•  

what a day!  living a dream and hopefully enjoying himself.  i'd trade places for him for a day if he wants to come change diapers while i play golf.  haha.

•  

what a day!  living a dream and hopefully enjoying himself.  i'd trade places for him for a day if he wants to come change diapers while i play golf.  haha.

ChuckZ
    CHEFRADNice...Well, my wish to Santa this Christmas is to play Pebble Beach and Cypress Point in one weekend. Not asking for too much...HA!

Guess my wish to dear ole Santa just might be Pinehurst #2 and Augusta National.....that is if he is a member at Augusta National and can get me on.....Christmas is not that far away and think he is listening to us.....

i've played half of those.  almost got both of them, not in the same day, but i'd be perfectly happy playing them both in the same lifetime!

•  

Yeah, Tdogg, #2 is really easy to get on, Augusta is proving a challenge.  For you out there Pinehurst usually offers some winter specials. So look it up from time to time.

•  

Was at a professional conference at Pinehurst and had a tee time at #2 and we got rained out.....one of my fellow officers was a member and set everything up for us......that is a really beautiful area to play......#2 has so much history.....and you are right, Bob, it is easy to get on......only about 2.5 hours from the house.....need to just go......understand you have to stay at the Hotel to get on Pebble Beach now....and of course, like August, Cypress Point is very private.......

• 2911 points

I was in  the Pinehurst area for buisness one year and had planned on playing #2 but the afternoon it was to happen it rained so hard the animals started to line up 2 by 2. Hopefully I will get to play it next spring.

• 1763 points

HA! Nice choice Chuck...Yes, hard to imagine the Holidays is just about upon us. Seem it was just the other day I was holiday shopping. Have a lovely weekend.

•  

NCBob
    Yeah, Tdogg, #2 is really easy to get on, Augusta is proving a challenge.  For you out there Pinehurst usually offers some winter specials. So look it up from time to time.

Playing No.2 would be a dream.  I've golfed in NC in December and it was fine.  Is it "golf able" year round?

•  

Josh

NC is playable almost all year, but there are those days that crop up where it can snow one morning and be 75 the next day. When I lived in Chapel Hill, I never missed a weekend being able to play. The locals won't go out if it's below 60, so if you hit one of those nice "Boston fall days" in the 50's you'll be one of the few out there.

•  

Josh - I agree with Randy.  Coming from Boston, you'll have no problem playing.  I remember one year my wife got me tickets to a Duke basketball game on January 2nd.  We were standing outside and everyone was talking about how it was too bad we had to come during such a cold and dreary weekend.  Meanwhile we were thinking about how nice and warm it was compared to PA.  I'd say 95%+ days are playable for us Northerners, and just hope you don't hit that one day a year it's cold and snowy.  I would guess that any course (other than #2) should be pretty empty in December.