Presidents Cup vs Ryder Cup

Presidents Cup vs Ryder Cup

•  

tee2green
    I think our decline in the RYDER CUP  can directly tied to the improvement of golf world wide and the depth of the European tour as a whole . That tour is deeper and has a higher level of play than it did 20 years ago.

It's obvious also it means a little more to the Euro's than it appears to mean to the US guys.

I don't believe it for a minute that it is losing its importance to the US player.  When they announce "Now on the tee representing the United States "tee2green".  I will guarantee you the goose bumps will pop, the nerves will be tight, and you will  feel the pit in your stomach. To say nothing about the amount of pride that pours out.

Been there twice in an amateur international event a long time ago.  I will never forget the feeling.  I would bet the Ryder or President team members don't either.

•  

Ryder Cup v Preseidents Cup

Probably a little bt nasty ... but here goes ....

The US can win the Presidents Cup !!!

•  

NCBob
    tee2greenI think our decline in the RYDER CUP  can directly tied to the improvement of golf world wide and the depth of the European tour as a whole . That tour is deeper and has a higher level of play than it did 20 years ago.

It's obvious also it means a little more to the Euro's than it appears to mean to the US guys.

I don't believe it for a minute that it is losing its importance to the US player.  When they announce "Now on the tee representing the United States "tee2green".  I will guarantee you the goose bumps will pop, the nerves will be tight, and you will  feel the pit in your stomach. To say nothing about the amount of pride that pours out.

Been there twice in an amateur international event a long time ago.  I will never forget the feeling.  I would bet the Ryder or President team members don't either.

i'd agree with this.  i just watched the Feherty episode with Keegan Bradley and they talked about the Ryder Cup.  Keegan said the Ryder Cup made the playoff at the PGA feel like a friendly round with friends.  he said he was nervous going to the driving range on Monday.  it definitely means as much to the US players, they just don't always show as much emotion.

i question if we get the best players for the event.  it's not as simple as getting the 12 best golfers.  the USA men's basketball team found out that doesn't work.  just think, Poulter probably wouldn't make the US team on merit, but i don't think anyone would argue that they wouldn't want him on their Ryder Cup team.