Interesting Article Regarding the USGA and Fox

Interesting Article Regarding the USGA and Fox

•  

quoting tee2  "bhollley - I think the point of the article is that this is not a good thing for golf fans - less coverage ,more commercials."

quoting tee2 "Obviously you missed the point of the article. NBC is whining about the fact that the USGA  basically had their mind made up that they were going to FOX before negotiations kicked off'

OK which one is it? What a minute how about somebody is whining because NBC did not get the business.

quoting tee2 "but your sadly mistaken if you think the USGA  is an extremely wealthy organization your sadly mistaken"  

I said "Other venues do not have Bill Gates money" Gee tee2 other venues include the US Open. But I am happy you have been to Augusta

quoting tee2 "Just the fact that your a fan of Siragusa say's a lot" Do not believe I said I was a fan of him.  I said, "Tony Siragusa would probably be an improvement over Johnny Miller." tee2 this is sarcasm, it is in no way an indicator if I am a fan or not. Actually I am not a fan of the Patriots although they seem to be getting along exceedingly well without my support.

So in recap you have two "the point" (the point of the article is) which creates a little conflict. You have me saying the USGA is wealthy when I stated the opposite. Lastly tee2 you a accuse me of being a fan of someone when I am virtually a fan of almost no one.

quoting tee2 "easy to see we just disagree". If you can come up with true factual arguments perhaps we might.

P.S. Just to keep Don happy it is you're or you are, not your

• 1628 points

Thank you for taking this thread back on track tee2green!!!!

• 2441 points

Just giving my opinion and respecting others right to  disagree.......it's all good.

Its an interesting topic.

•  

I respect a person's right to be wrong but incorrect grammar and over punctuation needs to stop!!!!!!

• 1198 points

A good negotiator relishes turning an impossible situation into a successful resolution. When a unsuccessful negotiator loses he claims the fix was in. I liked  watching Johnny  Miller as a player,  to me he is irrating as a broadcaster.

• 1198 points

A good negotiator relishes turning an impossible situation into a successful resolution. When a unsuccessful negotiator loses he claims the fix was in. I liked  watching Johnny  Miller as a player,  to me he is irrating as a broadcaster.

• 1628 points

bholley.... I think you should sit the next play out in this thread.... this is a friendly thread... dont be "that guy"!!!!!!

•  

Thank you for taking this thread back on track GolfGuyInTx!!!!

•  

Adam62482

bholley.... I think you should sit the next play out in this thread.... this is a friendly thread... dont be "that guy"!!!!!!

Adam, being as how you are relatively new to this Community, you might not know about Bruce's sense of humor. There is no one on this board that is funnier than Bruce IF you understand what's going on. 

As far as his comment on grammar and over punctuation, I must agree. If you have a high school education and spell check on your end, there's no reason for misspelled words and the incorrect use of the ellipsis marks. The style in which you present yourself on these forums is how you are looked upon. Just because there has been a fall in manners and decorum throughout the world is no reason for this to happen here. Of course these are my opinions and we happen to live in a great country that allows us to agree or disagree without much consequences. But I surely wouldn't tell someone they are not allowed to respond to a thread. That's Devin's job, and he does that well.

Off the soap box, now back to the President's Cup

• 1628 points

So he can be the funny guy but I can't? You are allowed to voice your opinion but I can't quote a line from Anchorman?

This all isn't necessary

•  

Adam62482
    So he can be the funny guy but I can't? You are allowed to voice your opinion but I can't quote a line from Anchorman?

This all isn't necessary

Sorry, not a big Will Ferrell fan. Never saw the movie, so the "quote" did not register as anything. My apologies if they fit here. I much prefer Adam Sandler's movies to Will's movies by the way.

• 1628 points

Apology accepted.

I certainly am not on this site to get into fight with other members. We can leave that for other blog sites

• 2441 points

I am sitting the rest of this one out,  like I said just gonna agree to disagree. Difference of opinion is a good thing.

I didn't know people came here to negotiate things  thought it was  to express opinions's.  

Having my manner's questioned because I didn't take the time to use spell check was unexpected , especially since I wasn't replying to the person who questioned them.  Very interesting ,guess you cannot please everyone.

•  

Tee2green,

Sometimes you just have to ignore some of us. And in the case of correcting someone, I have made plenty of goofs and I have a degrees in English, Education, and Public Speaking along with 2 associate degrees. one of which is HazMat and the other in Law Enforcement. I make plenty of mistakes and I do not find fault with anyone who does. In fact, looking over my response, I noted one just now, but quite honestly, as one actor once said, "Quite frankly Scarlet, I don't give a D---."

We enjoy all comments regardless of errors or opinions. It is that, that makes this community what it is and why it is so successful. Take heart and stay in with those of us who enjoy the repartee and humor we all bring here.

•  

So he can be the funny guy but I can't?

Adam that is strictly up to you but so far you haven't.