US AMATEUR

US AMATEUR

•  

Three young Australians made the TOP 64 at the US Amater and all advanced to the Round of 32.

Watching closely - C'mon Aussies.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi Oi Oi !

• 1362 points

C'mon Aussies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•  

CROCMAN
    Three young Australians made the TOP 64 at the US Amater and all advanced to the Round of 32.

Really enjoy the Aussie players.  Became acquainted with Alistair Presnell and his caddie, John, during the Nationwide Tour championships at Daniel Island in Charleston before it left and became the webb.com tour.  He played here a couple of years and then earned his card.  Friendly chap and super attitude.  His caddie and I tipped a few after the tournament.  As a volunteer you get to meet a lot of great people. cz  : )  

•  

CROCMAN

See that Oliver Goss moved on to the sweet 16 today 2 up.  Got to root for this guy.  Goes to my school, The University of Tennessee, go Vols....cz : )

•  

Heading over to The Country Club on saturday with my wife to watch the semi's.  Should be a great time.  I have never stepped onto the property and it will be a pleasure to see.

•  

The two remaining Aussies (both ranked in the top 15 World Amateur rankings) have made the Quarters but are unfortunately in the same half of the draw ... so hopefully they can advance to the Semis to ensure at least one get's to the final.

In the top half are a pair of very well credentialled Englishmen (including world no. 2) so if all goes according to rankings may be a all foreigner final ... having said that hope I haven't jinxed our guys.

GO AUSSIES!

•  

Hey Croc:  USA, USA, USA  :)

• 1643 points

I generally love this event (attended the 2000 US Amateur) but I wasn't able to catch it on TV so far this year... I hear that there are only 2 americans left in the field......

•  

NCBob
    Hey Croc:  USA, USA, USA  :)

Was waiting for that !!!!!

•  

CROCMAN
    NCBobHey Croc:  USA, USA, USA  :)

Gonna be either an Australian, Canadian or English champion this year (sorry) NC !

Was hoping for an all Aussie final but at least we are now assured of one finalist as Watt (the established star) and Goss (fast rising star) face off in the Semis.

Too hard to pick and historicially Watt has had the edge but Goss looks to be in stella form.

So in the end might have to sick Watt ... and the old firm - Aussie / Footjoy.

fath ey

•  

Goss and Watt face each other Saturday in the quarter finals.  Of course I will be pulling for Goss.  Go Vols.....  Crocman there will be an Aussie in the finals on Sunday ......cz  : )  

•  

CROCMAN
    NCBobHey Croc:  USA, USA, USA  :)

Well the finals are.....England vs Canada and Aussie vs Aussie......our boys in the states played well but not well enough.....Crocman has to be very happy.....cz  : )

• 1643 points

I feel that the USGA dropped the ball on this one... too much going on in golf this weekend to focus on the US AM... they should have moved this to a weekend that isn't against the Solheim cup...what do I know

•  

Well alas it wasn't to be ths year !

Fitzpatrick (world no 2) prevailed pretty comfortably in the end over Goss, but great showing by the Australian team overall.

They are all sooooooooooooo young!

•  

Adam62482
    I feel that the USGA dropped the ball on this one... too much going on in golf this weekend to focus on the US AM... they should have moved this to a weekend that isn't against the Solheim cup...what do I know

Agree......would liked to have seen the finals.....two great young men.....besides the Solhein was pretty much over Saturday...sorry to say......I figures they would cover it from 4-6 like they did the US Women's Am.....to quote Adam...."what do I know"...the Aussies did extremely well.......cz  : )