Anyone played Old White?

Anyone played Old White?

•  

I love the Greenbrier.  It's always a birdie fest, but the history and the surroundings area look awesome.  WV is one of the only states I haven't been to.  Maybe one day I'll take a trip.  Have any of you guy or gals played at Greenbrier?

• 819 points

I'm from WV and sadly have not made it to the Greenbrier.  It is on my list of places to play.  I'm thinking sometime next spring.  I definitely want to play Oakhurst Links as well while I'm down there.  It is listed as the oldest course in the country and you have to use hickory clubs and gutta-percha balls. Check it out, if you haven't already. www.greenbrier.com/.../Oakhurst.aspx

•  

The Old White has so much history behind it.  Ryder Cup, an old tour stop, now an updated Tour event.  I have been fortunate enough to have played 3 of the 4 courses there.  The Greenbrier, Old White, The Meadows.  The Snead I believe is private for Greenbrier members.

•  

i'm a few hours away (and actually drove almost by there earlier in the week).  but i've never made the trip.  it's on the list, but the older i get the less time i have for those kind of lists.

• 3551 points

I've played there a couple of times. It's a great place to play, the courses were in fantastic condition and the resort service was amazing, I would definitely recommend it, if you ever get a chance to play there. There is a lot of history and a ton of stuff to do other than golf as well.  

• 4586 points

My wife's family is from WV and on occasion her and her mother like to head down for a visit.  I've been trying to figure out when their next trip is so that I can maybe squeeze in a side trip on the way down or back :)

•  

Old White would be an awesome place for a TT Invitational!  JAT Devin & Chris

•  

joshgiano
    Old White would be an awesome place for a TT Invitational!  JAT Devin & Chris

i agree!

•  

Greenbrier looks sweet.  Perfect place that I could talk the fam to going to because of the amenities for the kids.  

And conveniently Dad could get some golf in as well as fun stuff with the wife and kids. ;-)