Sergio's Apology

Sergio's Apology

•  

After his statements and press conference this morning, does anyone think he'll pull out of the US Open at Merion?    Someone should have asked him why fried chicken was his menu choice.   Both Tours let him slide in my opinion.

•  

Sergio is being goaded by the media, and he's so inept that he fell right into the trap. He needs to shut up!

Today on the Facebook Taylor Made site the was a comment from their Digital PR team stating they did not appreciate his comments, had spoken to him about this, and were further reviewing the matter. Don't be surprised if Mr. Garcia is looking for new sponsorship here soon.

•  

I am all for a little banter between players but this is a little much. Tiger isn't perfect, neither is Sergio but at this point they need to just not talk to each other and tournaments need to be sure not to pair them together. If by chance they are paired by score on a weekend then it needs to be a handshake before and after the round, nothing more. Seperate them like kids.

• 4423 points

Yeah, he lets the media get him going way too easily.  Had everyone dropped it, it would've died at the Players.

Yet he keeps letting them go and he keeps digging himself deeper.  For Tiger's part he's basically just said "we don't get along and never will" and left it be (after the potshot he took at the players about Sergio being a whiner)

• 2781 points

Whaql1
    I am all for a little banter between players but this is a little much. Tiger isn't perfect, neither is Sergio but at this point they need to just not talk to each other and tournaments need to be sure not to pair them together. If by chance they are paired by score on a weekend then it needs to be a handshake before and after the round, nothing more. Seperate them like kids.

Agreed. They both need to grow up a little. If you have an issue with someone don't go to social media.

•  

Pure *** comment and now he's got to pay the price!

• 2772 points

There is no excuse for Sergio's comment but it  is unfortunate that the media will  create a circus out of this to the detriment of a great sport.

• 5235 points

I think Tiger ought to let him off the hook. Take his call, hang out. Golf doesn't need this kind of strife. This should be a nonstory.

I personally just want them to play golf. I don't expect them to be role models.

•  

Just getting out of hand now!

Haven't seen the whole interview / transcipt by Garcia but it was a very inflamatory comment.

What"s the chances of S Garcia V T Woods at next year's RYDER CUP. Thinking the press would love it!

•  

Well said TNT.   He's 33 years old and he knew exactly what the meaning of his smart +++ remark was.  

• 2956 points

I was shocked when Fuzzy used the reference. Triple shocked now: extremely stupid and insensitive.