EFFORTLESS POWER

EFFORTLESS POWER

•  

The best swing on tour?

Charl Schwartzel looks tiny but absolutely powers it.

..... and MUST be pound for pound just about the longest out there.

I'm not sure how tall he is but he has to be one of the lightest on tour ... and he putted atrociously this week and still finished 3rd.

If he sorts the flat stick out ... watch out!

•  

I'm still liking Fred Couples' swing more than anyone else.  He's not much on tour anymore, but makes a showing now and then.

• 1466 points

My favorite swings on tour are between Fred Couples and Ernie Els, both so smooth and effort less although the most technically sound swing would most likely be Rory's

•  

Noel, you are right about Fred if you are a TEMPO guy. His tempo is pure silk.  Croc, They all hit it a mile.  Charl does go pretty long. But so many of these guys are little compared to a DJ or Phil.

• 2956 points

Charl is listed as 5' 11", 160 lbs. Not that small. If only he could putt, lights-out.

• 5177 points

Love watching Ernie swing and yes, Fred has tempo as well. But Fred's full on torque swing *** up his back - The modern swing is too physically brutal. The human spine isn't designed to twist  in the manner prescribed in the "modern" swing..Look at Ricky Fowler  - a twenty-something with chronic back pain and ailments. Not good...And not kinetically correct..

•  

Back pain is my middle name.

•  

Luke Donald can get after it for a little guy.  Fred Couples swing is just pure and effortless considering all of the back issues he has encountered over the years.

• 5177 points

Devin: Check out www.djwattsgolf.com  This is oneof the best golf swings you'll see and performed with a motion that does not torque your back. Well worth the consideration and read...See DJ 's swings on You Tube.

• 1466 points

I agree with the size of the divots some guys take on the thousands of balls they hit the human back can't handle it

•  

A

CROCMAN
    The best swing on tour?

I'm not sure how tall he is but he has to be one of the lightest on tour ... and he putted atrociously this week and still finished 3rd.

CROCMAN
    The best swing on tour?

The guy can play and a lazy 10 birdies at the Memorial today to jump to the top of the leaderboard.

Hope he has a great week because just love watching him play.