Phil...Bones?

Phil...Bones?

•  

Geez, lay up on 16 and use that million dollar wedge for maybe a birdie.. At least walk away with a par.   Terrible decision at that point of the tournament.  

• 4405 points

It's not in Phil's nature to lay up at all.  He's always going to go for it.  It definitely cost him for sure!

•  

You are so right etakmit.  Phil is always agressive.  The weather conditions were not in is favor at all.   He payed the price.

•  

Deno
    Geez, lay up on 16 and use that million dollar wedge for maybe a birdie.. At least walk away with a par.   Terrible decision at that point of the tournament.

asking phil to lay up is like asking him to turn around and hit his drive right-handed.  he's just not wired that way.  he's lost a lot of tourneys because of that style, but it also got him in the HOF, so hard to argue with the results.

• 1466 points

I think that is when his caddy needs to step in and say I know that you are an aggressive player and that has worked but its just not worth it here, a much higher risk that reward

•  

How about the shot off the pine straw in the Masters, people said he was crazy. Driver OB on 18 in US open. By his own admission was stupid. Tdogg said it best

•  

PM was just being PM and you have to admire his spirit even though it often overrides his common sense.

But hey if I had his shortgame , had won 40 odd tournaments and was filthy rich I too would be going hard, trying to knock the stick out on every hole and playing with as much flamboyance and enjoyment he seems to get even despite the *** ups.

Whatever you think of the guy it's great to see him smiling and interacting with the crowd and the tour could do with a few more like him IMHO.

• 2777 points

Completely agree Crocman.  It's the obvious enjoyment that he has for the game that draws people in.  That being said, I'd have went for it as well.