There goes Phil's record

There goes Phil's record

• 2628 points

Amazing how fast  Phil's cart path long drive has been broken. Check this out.

www.golf channel.com/media/European-tour-web-hit-042813-louis-oosthuizen/?CID=facebook_gc_oostuizenlongdriveballballentine_042913

•  

i saw that.  500 yard drive on a 580 yard hole and he could only manage a par.  i didn't see where he dropped or where what he had to work with, but it seemed like he got a lucky break on the roll but couldn't capitalize.  

• 4617 points

I always thought the longest drive in a sanctioned PGA Tour event was struck by Mike Austin-A 515 yard drive."...He was credited by Guinness World Records with hitting the longest drive in tournament play (471m/515 yards) in 1974 at Winterwood Golf Course (the Par-4 455-yard 14th Hole now called Desert Rose Golf Course) in Las Vegas, Nevada."

Persimmon driver - balata ball - tail wind yes, cart path no...and 64 years old when he hit this frozen rope! An amazing drive...

•  

wow...thanks for the information...did not know Mr Austin was that old

• 2781 points

Either way a 500 yard drive is quite impressive, even if it had a little help with a downhill cart path!

• 3688 points

He got lucky too that ball could've made the turn and ended up closer to the tee box than the green!

•  

I agree with you redhusky I would live with a 500yd drive

•  

Just as impressive, was it took 1 minute and 55 seconds to come to rest. Amazing none of the spectators really seemed to notice.

•  

thanks for sharing, I hadn't seen that

•  

pistolpete

I always thought the longest drive in a sanctioned PGA Tour event was struck by Mike Austin-A 515 yard drive."...He was credited by Guinness World Records with hitting the longest drive in tournament play (471m/515 yards) in 1974 at Winterwood Golf Course (the Par-4 455-yard 14th Hole now called Desert Rose Golf Course) in Las Vegas, Nevada."

Persimmon driver - balata ball - tail wind yes, cart path no...and 64 years old when he hit this frozen rope! An amazing drive...

I looked him up and I still don't get it... 64 years old and out drives the current pro's ? and long drivers who bust it with those whip style drivers ?