Grand Slam??

Grand Slam??

• 572 points

I know its early, but since the first major is done and gone, who do you like for the US Open.

My pick is Adam Scott. He seems in good form and flying high with confidence!

I'm picking Adam Scott to win the "Grand Slam"

After all, you can't win them all if you don't win the first one!

Who's your choice?

•  

WAY too soon to start this conversation. While AS is a sentimental pick, I'm going to take the field on this one. Too many quality players for a back 2 back performance.

•  

Would be all for it.  But don't see it ever happening again. The quality of golf is so very good with so many players.

TT

•  

I dont see it happening, Cabrera was so close to winning Masters on the chip, could have gone either way. So many good players and so many good/bad breaks that can happen out there for a grand slam to occur again. Would be great pup for golf but highly unlikely.

•  

I certainly can say I would like to see Adam win another major this year, but in my opinion, it will be an uphill battle to say the least.  The field is getting stronger and stronger.

•  

Hey Adam completed the LONG PUTTER GRAND SLAM ! lets give him the props for that, but he left shots on 13 and 15 on the bank a huge sign of pressure. he was Fred Couples lucky they stayed up, mostly due to the rain.

Merion will be a putting contest. i see a shorter hitter coming out of the pack to take it. Like Luke Donald

• 4617 points

Or Steve Stricker. The greens at Merion will be faster than Augusta and are equally penal, if not more so....

• 3688 points

Definitely no grand slam in my opinion.  I could see Merion favoring the shorter hitters who can putt it.  Not sure who I like for it yet.

•  

Ill take TW, he putts fast greens well and the course fits him.. Would love to see Dufffffy and Stricker step it up a tad!!

A.S. wont win the grand slam, three straight majors.. Heck four regular wins in a career is good enough!

•  

Keith that is a great thought but I don't think that will happen. I mean I want it to happen but I don't think it will

• 2756 points

I'm in the TW camp this summer but at the PGA rather than the US Open.  Maybe a little crazy but I'm going with Webb at Merion.  Dufner and Sneds are going to contend too.

TNT009
    Ill take TW, he putts fast greens well and the course fits him.. Would love to see Dufffffy and Stricker step it up a tad!!

A.S. wont win the grand slam, three straight majors.. Heck four regular wins in a career is good enough!

•  

A real shot maker and a short game wizard at Merion, length not an issue.  I like Luke Donald, it will be his best shot at a major.

•  

Scott may need more seasoning and for now it is a little too soon to make any predictions.

•  

Do not foresee a 'Grand Slam'....The way the Masters played out it's a free for all.....Personally, I like the variety that has been happening with the wins !

• 609 points

I just don't think Scott's putting is sturdy enough to win three more this year.  It seemed to me that the slowing down of the greens after the rains at AN really helped him.  I doubt you will see greens that slow for the next three barring weather at all three.