Who is best golfer on PGA Tour without a major under his belt?

Who is best golfer on PGA Tour without a major under his belt?

•  

I would say a couple come to mind for me, Lee Westwood and Luke Donald of the international group...of the US players Dustin Johnson and Steve Tricker stand out.  Who do you think is best player on the PGA tour today without a major under his belt?

•  

Sorry, meant to say Steve Stricker....

•  

I agree with Donald, Westwood, and Stricker.  Don't think that Dustin is there quite yet.  Would also toss KJ Choi in there.  

•  

Chris, you should try the edit function to fix your post. It's very easy to use.

I still wonder if Sergio Garcia is not the one.

•  

Looking at the lineup of the guys on tour and judging them on their overall performances I think Steve Stricker and Luke Donald are probably the ones I would choose. Of the younger ones, Dustin Johnson and Adam Scott are continually in the hunt.

• 2635 points

Steve Stricker, Luke Donald

•  

I agree with Gary, DJ and Scott are the young guys that are just on the edge of grabbing one.  Still surprised Luke hasn't yet.  Would love to see Strick grab a green jacket before his time is done which seems nearer every year.  He's just too good to not have one.

•  

Dustin, Sergio and Steve!

•  

Now you've got the community going--best golfer not to win a major?  That begs the question of which golfer who has not won a major is the best, and just about everyone's going to have an opinion.  Based on world rankings, you'd pretty much have to stay with Donald, Westwood, and Stricker.  But you could throw Jason Day in there, along with KJ Choi, Sergio, and even Jason Duffner.

•  

Sergio, DJ and Duffner all lost in playoffs to me that is closer then Westwood, Donald and Stricker. all great players though. I guess DJ didn't even make the playoff though he should have been in it.

• 1062 points

Steve Stricker.....but only for a short while...

•  

Adam Scott has to be in that list. He gave away The Open, was in the running at the Masters and won the Players in 2004.  Plus he has won some WGC events and the Austrailian Masters.

•  

if i only pick one, i'd have to go with Luke Donald.  there are a few right behind him, but right now, i think he is the best of the group.

with that being said, Stricker and Snedeker are probably playing the best of anyone right now.

•  

I guess there are a few.  Westwood and Donald come to mind 1st, followed by Garcia and Stricker.

• 396 points

Garcia and Scott may each have blown their chances...hope not though.  I think Stricker's time has passed.  Westwood should have had one by now and Donald is probably the one player that looks likely to get it done every time he pegs it up