Mickelson hits 450 yard drive...

Mickelson hits 450 yard drive...

•  

There must be something in the water or the driver is "juiced". How did Michelson hit a 450 yard drive???

-Have it tested, today

-ICONs for All

• 787 points

Lucky bounce....lol

•  

150 yards of cart path, rub of the green baby! 57 yard free drop adjustment, second shot off the cart path, one putt birdie, nothing new for Phil. Ho hum.

• 2816 points

Despite a lot of experience I usually only get 10 to 20 yds when I hit the cart path,maybe I can get some cart path tips from Phil.

PS. He had a great recovery shot from the path.

•  

yep.....if you catch a cart path and a hill just right, you can hit a wedge 450 yards.  i hit a 350+ yard drive that took at least one big hop off the cart path.  you just say thank you and move on.  i've hit enough trees and seen the ball go backward to be happy to see one bounce forward.

•  

Since when does a cart path qualify as a fairway? If memory serves, yardage for a drive is only measured if the ball comes to rest in the faiway, ego, this is 450 yards in story books.....

•  

Only 450?  Geez, what a wimp!  In all seriousness, that is a nice little bit of luck to get that kind of a bounce.  Now, us mere mortals likely would've skulled the wedge off the cart path (and likely had to pay for a new wedge, for that matter).  Golf is a crazy game.  

•  

Tar Heel

Since when does a cart path qualify as a fairway? If memory serves, yardage for a drive is only measured if the ball comes to rest in the faiway, ego, this is 450 yards in story books.....

The PGA Tour only uses two holes for drive distance stats at each tournament and that hole was not one of them. And it does not have to be in the fairway for that stat. So his "ego" (or did you mean ergo) is only puffed up in the memory of that hole, and the memory of those that saw it. It still went 450 yards.

•  

Usually when I hit a cart path, my ball goes 450 yds. into the woods.

•  

Saw the official chasing the drive down the cart path, and Phil's shot from the path.  Happened not to see how they came up with the location for that pitch to the green, however.  Can anyone enlighten me?  How did the Tour decide that that particular spot on the path was the one from which he should play?

•  

pulplvr

Saw the official chasing the drive down the cart path, and Phil's shot from the path.  Happened not to see how they came up with the location for that pitch to the green, however.  Can anyone enlighten me?  How did the Tour decide that that particular spot on the path was the one from which he should play?

It was the closest location no nearer the hole for full relief from the obstructions. Phil chose to hit from the cart path rather than take drop from the cart path as well. It was a much better lie than in the rough.

• 2781 points

However it happened I want to replicate it so I can say I hit it 450!

•  

Incredible wedge shot off the path. not as easy as it looks. If this guys had the right shoes he could drive the ball 500 yards :)