Watney switches to...

Watney switches to...

•  

Looks like Nike signed up Nick Watney and Kyle Stanley.  I'll have to  find another Titleist player to caddie for in the future.  I really like Watney too.  Too bad.

•  

that is terrible i liked Watney as well but now i can stay focused on bubba

•  

Its the "Year of the Deal" with more cash flow, every player is counting how many chips they can get from sponsors.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

I thought about you immediately, Scott. Maybe you should give Nick a call and see if you can sway him back to FJ. You've got the power.

•  

I saw that too.  The GC released a bunch of players names who had equipment changes.

• 2781 points

This is disappointing Watney was my favorite Titleist player.  A lot of Titleist players leaving the brand this year.

•  

Wow that's brutal. Lance must have really freed up some cash for the swooshers

•  

memphisunited
    Looks like Nike signed up Nick Watney and Kyle Stanley.  I'll have to  find another Titleist player to caddie for in the future.  I really like Watney too.  Too bad.

That's disappointing news about both those guys.

Tiltleist tightening their belts or the competition spending up big?

Must be really good money because surely $2mil + prizemoney in 2012 each would keep em going for a while.

•  

Silly season has begun in earnest....

•  

interesting note for Golf. looks  like golf is on the rise. Nike could afford to sign Watney but didn't sign NFL player of the year Adrian Peterson to a shoe deal.

Who did Footjoy sign this year?

good luck Nick :)

•  

I say be gone and kudos to FJ and Titleist and Scotty C. for now begging or bending to get payers to stay! Look at all the greats that have played Tileist and moved on... TW Els Phil Rory Sergio, the brand will continue to flourish!

• 164 points

sad to see! Nike becoming too powerful ? hopefully not

• 2781 points

Exactly Titleist finds the talent then everyone just throws money at them.

•  

TNT009
    Gotta say say Nick at Kapalua and he looks like crap!

Please elaborate!  Does he "look like crap" because of what he's wearing and the way that looks, or is it he is playing terribly with his Nike equipment, or both?  Inquiring minds need to know!

•  

The white and pink polo he was wearing just didnt look good, I know it's just a polo, buttttt!